breakaway haven spa: 14132, 14134 have poles?

luckyinpa

TY for info. i spent a long time on the phone with NCL but she said she's been there years and never heard of the pole issue. so they have nothing there. i said someone during a switchover needs to spend just 10 minutes looking at each room. so maybe someday it will be in the database. i'm just happy for the info i found on this forum

id love any and all insight on that room/location. anything bad across from it like crew access etc?

thanks.

We picked the port side because of concern about the gym above on starboard side suites. Bed and bathroom were on aft side of room, for some reason I like that. You get the extra window over the hot tub as compared to the similar sized Haven penthouses which opens the room up a lot in my opinion. We had very good weather so did not notice any ship movement, may not always be true being so high and forward. Balcony is wider, but just as shallow as other balcony rooms. We got lucky and docked starboard to pier so had a lovely view across the bay to Hamilton (imo much nicer than overlooking the docklands). It was just far enough from elevators & stairs so you won't hear noise from there. Across the hall is a few service rooms and a back way into spa treatment area (not for passengers) so no noise from there. You have to walk back to the main forward staircase to deck 15 to access spa through main entrance past gym, a little weird in bathrobes. You can go dressed and use the wonderful spa changing rooms, but we didn't. The same for Haven access, easy enough to go up stairs to deck 16 and enter.

Our room steward was horribly overworked, we were told rooms were ready so went in to find her still cleaning. We dropped our packs & left immediately, but she ended up rushing out and did a poor job. Found trash under bed, stains on throw pillows, hair in hot tub (lots), greasy hand prints on bathroom glass... didn't start things off well. Your experience will probably vary, but I mention it only in reference to a slight feeling of being a second class Haven guest. Barely saw the butler after complaining about the room condition. Then he never could get someone to fix the shower to drain properly - it would overflow if you were in there for more than 5 minutes. Concierge was very busy with all the proper Haven guests, but will help as possible.

Don't take all the negatives too seriously. Overall we had a very relaxing trip, it was a nice room and would love to go back to Bermuda.

We picked the port side because of concern about the gym above on starboard side suites. Bed and bathroom were on aft side of room, for some reason I like that. You get the extra window over the hot tub as compared to the similar sized Haven penthouses which opens the room up a lot in my opinion. We had very good weather so did not notice any ship movement, may not always be true being so high and forward. Balcony is wider, but just as shallow as other balcony rooms. We got lucky and docked starboard to pier so had a lovely view across the bay to Hamilton (imo much nicer than overlooking the docklands). It was just far enough from elevators & stairs so you won't hear noise from there. Across the hall is a few service rooms and a back way into spa treatment area (not for passengers) so no noise from there. You have to walk back to the main forward staircase to deck 15 to access spa through main entrance past gym, a little weird in bathrobes. You can go dressed and use the wonderful spa changing rooms, but we didn't. The same for Haven access, easy enough to go up stairs to deck 16 and enter.

Our room steward was horribly overworked, we were told rooms were ready so went in to find her still cleaning. We dropped our packs & left immediately, but she ended up rushing out and did a poor job. Found trash under bed, stains on throw pillows, hair in hot tub (lots), greasy hand prints on bathroom glass... didn't start things off well. Your experience will probably vary, but I mention it only in reference to a slight feeling of being a second class Haven guest. Barely saw the butler after complaining about the room condition. Then he never could get someone to fix the shower to drain properly - it would overflow if you were in there for more than 5 minutes. Concierge was very busy with all the proper Haven guests, but will help as possible.

Don't take all the negatives too seriously. Overall we had a very relaxing trip, it was a nice room and would love to go back to Bermuda.

i very much appreciate the detail. noise and the walk to the elevators is important to us. after a long day we didnt want to walk too far. the bathrobe story sounds funny. we may have to try it. i hope the drain is fixed by now. we do intend to use it more than 5 minutes as well as the hot tub.

i never had a butler and dont even know what id ask for. i like potato chips. maybe some of them. lol. i'm not high maintenance. i do want one in room experience though from a fancy restaurant. did you do that?

• 2 weeks later...
Did you mean 14138 does or does not have the pole?

at the time i wrote this. i did not know. i'm trying to find the paper with all my research to update this list but i cannot find it.i had almost every room researched.

i found a few notes i had

no pole

pole:

and those last 2 are near some kind of crew door that bothered some people.

i only researched port because i'd never want to be under the gym and like other cabins above and below me.

i found a few notes i had

no pole

pole:

and those last 2 are near some kind of crew door that bothered some people.

i only researched port because i'd never want to be under the gym and like other cabins above and below me.

Thank you!!!

I sailed in 14132 in October 2014 & there is a pole!

I also took note of which cabins did/did not have poles so that I could avoid them in the future, but unfortunately I lost my list:mad:

I tried to upload a picture but it failed. Sorry.

bad info here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48480280&postcount=5

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed in a Haven Spa Suite on our cruise a couple of years ago (#14138 - with the pole as you can see from the previous pic). The pole was annoying in the beginning of the trip and when you wanted to use the tub, but other than that, it bother us too much.

I had recently had knee surgery at the time we were booking our vacation, so my husband figured taking the cruise from NY (we're less than 2 hours east of NYC), would be easier than having me hobble through an airport and deal with all of that while on vacation. Because we were limited in what we could do, we are actually doing a do-over trip on the same boat for the same week this year, although this time we are in an Aft Haven cabin on deck 14 which has a super big balcony - can't wait!

Overall I liked the spa suite; I haven't cruised much, but I felt that the cabin overall was large enough, including the bathroom and closet space, although we are low maintenance when it comes to packing. The balcony is small but I still managed to spend some nice relaxing time out there with a cocktail or coffee. We did have breakfast in our room one day, and the eating area is small, so having dinner in your room might be tight. Being that it was a Haven suite, we did have a butler, who was amazing! He brought us treats every afternoon and night while we were at dinner. My husband mentioned how much he liked the Haven restaurant banana cream pie one night, and like magic a piece was in our room every night. When the butler saw me limping about, he asked if I was okay, and told him about my surgery and every day he brought me ice for my knee and always asked how I was doing.

A couple of things to note; when you are not in the cabins directly connected to the Haven, if you have to use the elevators (like I had to) to get to the Haven it could take forever. The only elevators that go to the Haven are the Forward elevators, and if I remember correctly it was only a couple of elevators that had access. That was a real pain. And there is a door from the spa treatment rooms that goes out to deck 14, but it's not like you can access it from deck 14 to go into the spa. If you have an appointment, you need to check in on deck 15, then they bring you down (more stairs, ugh) to deck 14 for treatment. I don't remember noise being an issue in our room.

One of the great things about the spa suite is the access to the thermal spa; it was great as far as we were concerned. Since you're leaving in October, it can be cold until you hit Bermuda so having access to the heated therapy pool, sauna and other amenities was a treat. We used it quite a bit while on the ship. Other than people occasionally bogarting the heated loungers, it was very relaxing.

Having access to the Haven is also worth the extra expense to us; the restaurant is great, the bar and lounge are nice, and having both indoor and outdoor deck access to yourself is much more relaxing than fighting for a deck chair on the main decks.

Either way you are going to have a great time on the cruise; my thought is anyday that you're on vacation and don't have to work is a good day :)

kap1998 thanks for the mini review. i did what i thought was pretty extreme research before booking so while i dont expect perfection, i did not want surprises. the spa passes were a big factor in deciding on these rooms and even though we have a hot tub at home wanted one in the room because of old sore muscles after a day out and about.

i'm glad you mentioned banana cream pie. i'm not a dessert person but that and choc. mousse are my favs for sure. will definitely be getting some of that on board.

• 4 months later...