Kids on Canada/New England sailing in October

rindimc

I am wanting to book the Serenade of the Seas 7 Day cruise to Canada/New England that leaves next September 29th from Boston (Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax). I will be taking my daughters ages 16 and 12 with me. This will be their Fall Break week off of school. I have read that there are not that many younger people on Canada/New England sailings. And I know many school districts do not do a Fall Break. (We live in the South where it is common.) I would like to hear from those of you with personal experience. Will there be enough kids on the ship so they can have some fun? This will also be our first RCL cruise so I'm assuming they have the kid's clubs like Carnival. Will there be enough kids to keep those going? I am hoping we have a nice relaxing time looking at the fall foliage in the different ports, but I also want them to have a good time on the ship.

I am wanting to book the Serenade of the Seas 7 Day cruise to Canada/New England that leaves next September 29th from Boston (Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax). I will be taking my daughters ages 16 and 12 with me. This will be their Fall Break week off of school. I have read that there are not that many younger people on Canada/New England sailings. And I know many school districts do not do a Fall Break. (We live in the South where it is common.) I would like to hear from those of you with personal experience. Will there be enough kids on the ship so they can have some fun? This will also be our first RCL cruise so I'm assuming they have the kid's clubs like Carnival. Will there be enough kids to keep those going? I am hoping we have a nice relaxing time looking at the fall foliage in the different ports, but I also want them to have a good time on the ship.

I have never been on a Royal Caribbean and have never been on a Canada and New England cruise (but going on one in may with our teens) .however, we have been on lots of cruises with our kids at non school break times and there always seems to be at least a dozen kids on each ship. One thing they tend to do is combine age groups together and they do things together which I think is kind of neat.