Turkish Money

Unregistered, are you just back from your Thomson cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:17 AM.
Manchester, England
3,851 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by BHA Girl
One of the Ports we stop at is in Turkey! can we use Euros or Pounds there, or is it just Turkish Lira?
I've hear they'll take anything but like the Euros. So!! that must mean it's beneficial to them and not us so we're taking Turkish Lira when we go tomorrow, with Euros for the Greek part. Will let you know in 2 weeks.

Jan
OXFORD
6,795 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Have a wonderful time Ekco
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thomson Celebrationx3, ThomsonDreamx3 ThomsonSpiritx2, Thomson Majestyx3, Thomson Discovery, Discovery 2, P&O Oceana x3, P&O Azura, P&O Oriana, P&O Ventura, Fred.Olsen Braemarx3, Crown Princess x2, Sea Princess, Celebrity Eclipse, Jewel of the Seas,Independence of the Seas, Ocean Village

Berkshire
28 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by ekco
I've hear they'll take anything but like the Euros. So!! that must mean it's beneficial to them and not us so we're taking Turkish Lira when we go tomorrow, with Euros for the Greek part. Will let you know in 2 weeks.

Jan
Thanks for your help, just need to decide how much now!
Manchester, England
3,851 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by CRUISIN LINDA
Have a wonderful time Ekco
Thanks Linda, ready to go now. Not sure how I'm going to get the kitchen sink out of the case when we get there though, lol.

Jan
W. Sussex UK
750 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Watch out for their rates... we were in Kusadasi for the day last year, and noticed they were selling in both TL and Euros. For example - when asking how much?? they would say 18, but not specify whether they meant TL or Euro. People were happily paying in Euros, which quite obviously was not as preferable as 18 TL !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Wirral, UK
31 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Have travelled to Turkey on a number of occasions and found that it didn't matter what currency i had; most shops/cafe/restaurants in main towns are happy to take any. Also found the £ = TL exchange rates better in turkey than in the UK; plenty of ATMS as well. Debs x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Also enjoyed:
Thomson Destiny Nov 2008
Thomson Destiny Nov 2009
Thomson Destiny Jul 2010
P&O Ventura Feb 2011
Carnival Breeze Aug 2012
Thomson Majesty May 2014

P&O Ventura Jan 2015
Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam July 2015
P&O Azura Jan 2016

Thomson Discovery Jan 2017

Berkshire
28 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Originally posted by shiney new shoes
Have travelled to Turkey on a number of occasions and found that it didn't matter what currency i had; most shops/cafe/restaurants in main towns are happy to take any. Also found the £ = TL exchange rates better in turkey than in the UK; plenty of ATMS as well. Debs x

Thanks for the info, very helpfull