Fly Denali inc

JP-Cruise

Okay so k2 and Talkeetna Air taxi are out of the question. I found the only company that I can go with for my Denali flightseeing tour when I’m at the princess Denali lodge.

Question about the Ruth glacier landing though, is this considered as still landing “ON mount Denali/McKinley?” Or is Ruth glacier more away from mount Denali?

I think you mentioned on an earlier post that you are on a Princess connoisseur cruise tour. You are aware that you will have two nights at the Denali Princess just outside the park in Glitter Gulch AND two nights at the McKinley Princess about 100 miles south near Talkeetna? The flight tours you are interested in are out of Talkeetna and available through the McKinley Lodge. These flights will be offered as excursions from the lodge with bus transport to the airport as part of the trip. If you go independently, you will have to take the shuttle to Talkeetna and then get to the airport. The McKinley Lodge is literally in the middle of nowhere and there is not much to do there but hike. They do however offer a lot of excursions such as jet boat tour, flightseeing, wagon rides, etc.

I think you mentioned on an earlier post that you are on a Princess connoisseur cruise tour. You are aware that you will have two nights at the Denali Princess just outside the park in Glitter Gulch AND two nights at the McKinley Princess about 100 miles south near Talkeetna? The flight tours you are interested in are out of Talkeetna and available through the McKinley Lodge. These flights will be offered as excursions from the lodge with bus transport to the airport as part of the trip. If you go independently, you will have to take the shuttle to Talkeetna and then get to the airport. The McKinley Lodge is literally in the middle of nowhere and there is not much to do there but hike. They do however offer a lot of excursions such as jet boat tour, flightseeing, wagon rides, etc.

Hi Wolfie, no my cruise tour does not include the McKinley lodge, only the Denali wilderness lodge. These are the lodges im staying at in order:

Fairbanks lodge

Denali

Copper river

Kenai lodge

Sorry, I was looking at the 2019 tours. One trip you might consider is the Kantishna Backcountry Lodge excursion. You go by bus as far into the park as you can go, with the opportunity to see bear, wolves, moose, and caribou, have lunch at one of the lodges in the goldmining district of Kantishna, and then take a 55 minute flightseeing trip back to the park entrance. The flight goes to the north face of Denali and along Muldrow glacier. http://www.katair.com/excursions/other-day-trip-excursions/

Also, if you look on the Denali Princess Lodge site, they do offer both the glacier landing and the summit flight as excursions from that lodge. https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/denali-lodge/denali-ativities/

Sorry, I was looking at the 2019 tours. One trip you might consider is the Kantishna Backcountry Lodge excursion. You go by bus as far into the park as you can go, with the opportunity to see bear, wolves, moose, and caribou, have lunch at one of the lodges in the goldmining district of Kantishna, and then take a 55 minute flightseeing trip back to the park entrance. The flight goes to the north face of Denali and along Muldrow glacier. http://www.katair.com/excursions/other-day-trip-excursions/

Also, if you look on the Denali Princess Lodge site, they do offer both the glacier landing and the summit flight as excursions from that lodge. https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/denali-lodge/denali-ativities/

Thanks for this excellent suggestion. But I’m already doing the Kantishna tour on July 30. I can’t afford the above tour. Sounds great though, I’ll keep it in mind for my 3rd Alaska trip :)