Sebourn Encore Cabin 1012

laf747

A good friend and her husband will be sailing on the Seabourn Encore next month. Right now they are booked in a Verandah Cabin but are looking to upgrade to a handicapped accessible Owner's Suite 1012.

Their concern is that since it is in the very front of the ship, above the bridge, that there will be a great deal of motion in the cabin also the noise when the anchor is lowered and raised is another concern.

Any advice and guidance which you can provide, which I can pass along, will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi there, We stayed in this suite for 32 nights last year and had no noise issues. Its not above the bridge but on the same level. There is little passing traffic apart from officers coming and going, who were always very courteous and considerate.

There was no noise from the anchor as we were too high up to be affected. Maybe the only down side was that you could be seen on the veranda by the crew when they went out onto the overhang of the bridge. We would always wave back. There is also no bathtub, but a huge walk in/sit in shower. hope this helps.

Hi there, We stayed in this suite for 32 nights last year and had no noise issues. Its not above the bridge but on the same level. There is little passing traffic apart from officers coming and going, who were always very courteous and considerate.

There was no noise from the anchor as we were too high up to be affected. Maybe the only down side was that you could be seen on the veranda by the crew when they went out onto the overhang of the bridge. We would always wave back. There is also no bathtub, but a huge walk in/sit in shower. hope this helps.

Thank you very much!!!

Motion of the ocean? How bad was the motion that high up and forward?

My wife and I are booked in that cabin,and she suffers from motion sickness.Would hate to put her through that,thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums