Carnival Elation Review: 9/15/18

DarthGrady

Thank you for the awesome review! I too, love the Elation and have sailed her many, many times. I will be sad when Carnival takes her elsewhere and replaces with the Ecstasy. It seems Jax gets the older ships before refurb. They then go into refurb a year or two later, then get moved somewhere else. I don't understand it, because the ships that sail out of Jax Port are almost always full.

Thank you for the awesome review! I too, love the Elation and have sailed her many, many times. I will be sad when Carnival takes her elsewhere and replaces with the Ecstasy. It seems Jax gets the older ships before refurb. They then go into refurb a year or two later, then get moved somewhere else. I don't understand it, because the ships that sail out of Jax Port are almost always full.

My only theory on why the ships on short cruise duty get moved so much is just to keep things fresh from a booking perspective. Maybe it is easier to sell the shorter cruises when the agents can talk about a new ship coming? I'm not sure, but you're right, they do seem to swap around a lot. I wish they would bring Fantasy back down to FL, then I'd have the whole class completed!

Jacksonville gets the ships that will fit under the Dames Point bridge. Those just happen to be the older, smaller ships that may or may not have to be modified to go under the bridge. Until the village of Mayport will allow property that's available there to be sold and used as a cruise terminal, there won't be any bigger, newer ships.