Spring break cruise from San Diego

ITSASIGN1942

Unlike other lines, the only "specials" or deals on DCL occur after final payment date on ships that have not completely filled. Since you are looking at spring break, that is not likely.

On DCL, the lowest prices are on opening day. Prices rise as the ship fills. I've seen cruises where the price on embarkation day was the same as on day 1, and I've seen prices that increased literally hourly on opening day. The best time to book a cruise is when you know that you want it.

Likewise, no TA can reduce the price. They can offer OBC or other perks, but the price is set by DCL and cannot be changed by any TA.

Thanks for your feedback. I won't wait. I was also wondering if anyone can chime in on booking through expedia vs booking through disney directly..

We are not permitted to name agencies on this web site, but DO NOT book with the first one you suggested. They are essentially a "no service" agency that will give you no perks for booking with them. I use a great agency, but unfortunately I can't name them for you.

I would either book thru DCL directly OR look for an agency that has both an on line and brick and mortar presence, very long term employees all of whom have not only gone to the training that Disney provides, but also have personally cruised on at least one of the ships in each class. I personally don't like agencies that are loose connections of women with little training working from cell phones (no real office) or large national companies where the agents have little training and less actual experience with DCL.

The agency that gives the biggest perk is not necessarily the best, but you should get some sort of "thanks for booking with us" perk.

From what your saying book as soon as you can when the cruise opens up. If you have to cancel you just lose your deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can cancel up to the "penalty date" without losing your deposit. This date varies based on country the cruise originates from, length of cruise, etc. but is generally 120 days or fewer before embarkation. The exact rules can be seen at the DCL web site and will be printed on your confirmation.

Cancel before the penalty date and you will get your deposit back (refunded to the credit card you used to pay it). After the penalty date, there is an increased series of loss depending on how long before the cruise you cancel.

SO...provided you notify DCL and cancel in a timely fashion, you lose nothing. This applies to regular cabins.

Deposits on concierge bookings are non-refundable but can be moved to a different cruise date.