Junkanoo

Jdragon95

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. You could walk way down on this beach going right, there weren't many people down there. We just chose to park ourselves straight down from the entrance. I don't think the cab ride was that bad? We went in a shared van with other cruisers and it was kind of fun.

32282733311_482203cc5d_b.jpg32253036442_7c13268aee_b.jpg

Edited by Emmabelle

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. You could walk way down on this beach going right, there wasn't many people down there. We just chose to park ourselves straight down from the entrance. I don't think the cab ride was that bad? We went in a shared van with other cruisers and it was kind of fun.

32282733311_482203cc5d_b.jpg32253036442_7c13268aee_b.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics. I have read online that there are no public restrooms on Cabbage Beach. I am a bit concerned about that, were you able to locate the closest public restrooms?

I hated Junkanoo Beach, I wouldn't go there if someone paid me too.

We went to Cabbage Beach last year by cab and there were a ton of locals trying to sell stuff, but the beach was beautiful and so worth it to me.

We've also been to Cable Beach and it was nice too!

Is there a charge to get into either of these beaches? Do they rent chairs and have food available for sale?

Cabbage and Junkanoo are both free

Junkanoo Beach is o.k. It's small. Not fancy. I've been there once and had no complaints. I don't care about people selling things. Sometimes I even buy it to support the local vendors. But if I don't want anything, the words no thank you said politely has always worked in any place I've been to.

The last time we visited Nassau, we went to cabbage beach and hated it. Way to wavy and the guys who rented the wave runners made it even worse. They would come as close at they could to the folks attempting to wade and swim in the water and work up the water even more. The vendors there tried to hit us for $30 for a beach chair and umbrella. No thanks. We did without and sat on our towels for free. After an hour, we left. Too crowded to boot. It's pretty but all of the beaches in the Bahamas are pretty.

Cable is the nicest. The next time we go to Nassau, we will get a day pass at Melia and spend the day there OR at the Hilton.

We didn't do any of the packages, or try any food or beverage here. We just walked over to enjoy the beach. The beach was DISGUSTING. Garbage every where, we had to search to find a spot clean enough to lay two towels. We stayed about 30min then left. I have no plans on ever returning.

We visited Love Beach on January 25th. It was very pretty and reasonable. We took the #12 Jitney for $2 each, one way and just bought a drink each for $9. We used their chairs for free. The bathrooms were decent enough and there was no one selling anything so pretty relaxing day.

32496233881_ff221bfa83_c.jpg

Edited by Emmabelle

• 8 months later...

Hi, we are interested in Love Beach...where did you catch the bus, can you tell me how far the bus ride was, how did you know when to get off the bus, was there food available to buy, were there umbrellas with the chairs?

We visited Love Beach on January 25th. It was very pretty and reasonable. We took the #12 Jitney for $2 each, one way and just bought a drink each for $9. We used their chairs for free. The bathrooms were decent enough and there was no one selling anything so pretty relaxing day.

32496233881_ff221bfa83_c.jpg