Photo Packages .... question

YvonneM1967

the X website says you can pre-purchase photo packages at a discounted rate, compared to purchasing on board. Has anyone found this to be true and the price difference? Also, is your Captain Club discount in addition to the "discounted rate"? thanks in advance

We were informed on our May cruise a shift was in the works for an all digital format. We were not able to pre purchase until around final payment time.

I'll be cruising my first time on Solstice Hawaii to. Sydney in October this year and wondered about photo packages.... does Celebrity do photo packages? Can you pre-purchase a package? What's included in the package? Is it better to pre/purchase or just buy pictures if we like them? I've only ever bought photos on a Princess cruise I did a few years ago and on an individual basis - I don't know if they did packages or not. I'd like to get some nice professional pictures of hubby and I on our cruise as we will be having a triple celebration - my 50th, hubby's 55th and our 30th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were informed on our May cruise a shift was in the works for an all digital format. We were not able to pre purchase until around final payment time.

Thanks for that- I was able to book our photo package about 3 weeks ago now - our cruise in 2 October. Apparently it's about 20% cheaper to pre purchase.

I don't mind the all digital format - I'll be able to print off the sizes that I want that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

my husband loves to buy all the pics, but at $20+ each, i knew we'd be better off getting a package for our upcoming cruise. we paid $200 for all prints/digital plus $30 for the ship dvd, we could not use OBC. we purchased this on 4/18 for a 7/23 cruise, so just under 3 months in advance.

my husband loves to buy all the pics, but at $20+ each, i knew we'd be better off getting a package for our upcoming cruise. we paid $200 for all prints/digital plus $30 for the ship dvd, we could not use OBC. we purchased this on 4/18 for a 7/23 cruise, so just under 3 months in advance.

We did also get the package for 199 $. Onboard on our one week sailing in Europe the prize was 350 $. There was some discounts available, but it only came down to 250 $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Just to update anyone interested - I'm just off Celebrity Solstice this morning. If you ore purchase photo package you can download professional photos within a few hours of them being taken to your phone. They will also email all photos taken to you about 4 days after completion of cruise. I was advised on board that a USB with photos is no longer provided but on the last morning of the cruise an envelope with all cruise photos was in my box outside my cabin. For an 18 day cruise I got about 100 photos.

Just to update anyone interested - I'm just off Celebrity Solstice this morning. If you ore purchase photo package you can download professional photos within a few hours of them being taken to your phone. They will also email all photos taken to you about 4 days after completion of cruise.

Wow, this is new and a very good idea. How do you access them to download to your phone?

Wow, this is new and a very good idea. How do you access them to download to your phone?

I just visited the photo stand on the ship and they showed me how to do use it - just your room number and a 4 digit/number code and you can access from anywhere on the ship - no need to visit the photo kiosks.

I just visited the photo stand on the ship and they showed me how to do use it - just your room number and a 4 digit/number code and you can access from anywhere on the ship - no need to visit the photo kiosks.

Thank you. I look forward to trying this!

It appears that to order cruise photos for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean they are now directing you to to the cruise lines

site automatically to book them. (at least for some sailings, I just tried my upcoming Celebrity Nov. 16, 2017 sailing on "Equinox" and was given a message stating that we now have to book RCCL & CELEBRITY directly with the cruiseline).