Booking Flights with NCL.

aceparty

I've done many cruises with NCL however never been to Europe with a cruise. I was thinking about doing it all with NCL. Airfare, pre hotel, cruise, post hotel, transfers, Airfare. Looking for feedback from people that has done it this way.

Cost with NCL vs booking everything myself.

Does NCL choose the best flight ?

Would be flying from Philadelphia to Venice. Staying a night in Venice. Getting on the Star for 12 night cruise. Disembarking in Barcelona staying a night and flying back to Philadelphia

I've done many cruises with NCL however never been to Europe with a cruise. I was thinking about doing it all with NCL. Airfare, pre hotel, cruise, post hotel, transfers, Airfare. Looking for feedback from people that has done it this way.

Would be flying from Philadelphia to Venice. Staying a night in Venice. Getting on the Star for 12 night cruise. Disembarking in Barcelona staying a night and flying back to Philadelphia

I have not booked air with NCL, however I did call with questions, as I will be traveling next year. (Too early for flights yet) The NCL rep I spoke with told me their prices were typically a little more than others.

Why not just book the airfare direct. If you do the airfare direct, what you need to know is most airlines still require a Saturday night stay and round trip for the discounted rate. To get that pricing when you go to the airline website you want to select the multi-segment option and price Philadephia to Venice and Barcelona to Philadephia as separate segments but on the same ticket.

In addition to the US carriers, you way also want to look at the European airlines such as British Airways, Air France, Lufthansa as well as Air Canada. Air Canada tends to have fairly aggressive pricing between the US and Europe these days.

So we booked a cruise that gave a $250 flight credit that required you book through NCL.

We ended up booking The flight ourselves and foregoing the credit because a) there is no flexibility on when you fly in; if you want to come in a few days earlier you have to pay an additional fee, and b) even after applying the credit to a domestic flight from LGA to Orlando the NCL booked flight was about $150 pp more than a Google searched flight cost.

It's quite more than a little extra.

We booked air through NCL one time for Barcelona. We will not do it again. Everything was all set and then all of a sudden fairly close to our cruise I was checking our flights and noticed that our flights had changed. Our first leg was going to arrive after our second leg had left. NCL never notified us of any flight changes. I'm not sure if they are supposed to or not, but you would think they would tell you to keep an eye on flights if they don't. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't checked the flights. Thank goodness I called the airline myself and they changed the flights for me.

Thank you to all.

I thought the flights would be more with NCL doing it all. The cruise we are doing has the perks of "Distinctive Voyages" we would get $400 Airfare credit and $100 Hotel credit also get $50 per port shore excursion, 250 minute Wifi, and Phone call credit.