Moving Reservation to Carnival

stefyo

I currently have my reservation booked through a travel agent and I would like to move it to Carnival directly - has anyone done this before??

I am afraid that something will go wrong and we will lose our money.

Anyone have any advice??

The reason I want to move is due to the fact that I have to explain the rules to the agent - for instance there was just a price drop and he told me that I wasnt eligible for it - when I knew I was - I called Carnival to confirm that I was elgible for it - so then I had to argue with the agent and it was too late to get the price drop - I booked using the early saver rate and get price drops up to 2 days before our cruise.

I'm not sure on moving a reservation but I know that you could cancel the reservation you have with the TA and then rebook with Carnival. Of course, you will probably be subject to all sorts of penalties with the TA but you might want to look into it (plus maybe next time book directly with Carnival - I used a TA for our first cruise but all subsequent ones have been done directly with Carnival) :)

I don't know about Carnival, but I have done this on another line. I just wrote the line a letter with my reservation number, ship, date, passenger info and ect. pertainant information. I also sent the same note to the TA and requested that my reservation be transferred from the TA to the cruise line. There was a two to three day lapse in which no one had my reservation, but after that the cruise lin had it directly and there was no problem.

Just be aware that some online TA's will charge you a fee for changing or you may run the risk of them not honoring they TA exclusive price. I would check on these things first.

I would call Carnival and ask what one has to do to transfer a reservation, back to them. They will not talk to you about the present reservation, but they could help in the general sense of transfering a reservation.

Good luck,

Nancy

Here was our situation. 18 mo ago my sister, me and 1 of my daughters booked a balcony on the Valor for Nov. 2009. We had been paying on it and had it all paid off. At the end of May, 1 of my other daughters decided she could financially handle a cruise so she decided to go. We didn't want 4 adults in 1 cabin, so my daughters decided to book a balcony of thier own. We went to the TA and asked her to book them a balcony and transfer the money my 1 daughter paid over to the new booking. The TA said "no". Her company had a disagreement with Carnival and she could no longer book cabins with Carnival.(although they were still booking all the other cruiselines owned by Carnival;Holland America, Princess, Costa)the advertisement for these lines were all over the office. She said my daughter would have to cancel her original booking, wait for a refund from Carnival(she paid cash). It would take 6 or 7 weeks to get her refund and she would need that money to put down on her new booking. With her cancelling and making a new booking with Carnival there was no guarantee our bookings could be linked as far as dining times, dining rooms. So then we said we wanted her to roll the original booking over to Carnival and we would take care of getting the new booking through them. She said no, Carnival didn't allow that. We left the reservation stand and we called Carnival when we got outside. They did talk to us and said that we were able to transfer from the TA to them. We went back in and said since you are no longer a customer of Carnival they talked to us and said our entire booking could be rolled over. The TA all of a sudden decided she could try to book another cabin, have my daughters money transferred to the new booking and get everything linked. In the process of doing this she made mention that Carnivals pricing had gotten so ridiculous that she only made $15.00 on a 3 day cruise, hardly worth the work. I said well this is a 7 day so maybe you'll earn $30.00! She didn't think that was funny. I think what it boiled down to was she didn't want to book Carnival because she didn't make any money but was willing to book Carnivals upscale lines. We finally got that straightened out. Not only or we linked but we got cabins next to each other. The person she contacted was the one that we talked to and we also got upgrade from 8B to an 8C . The TA was not happy, but we are. Carnival has already given us our room assignments.

Not sure how much trouble your TA will give you but it can be done according to the person we talked to at Carnival. We will never book through a TA again!

Archived