Cabin Location & Noise Question - Pride of America

vgordon

We have booked our Hawaiian cruise for September 2010 and our cabin number is 7522. I have just looked at Deck 6 and discovered that we are right over the Mardi Gras Caberet Lounge and Night Club. Has anyone stayed in that cabin (or one close)? Can you remark on the noise level?

We have booked our Hawaiian cruise for September 2010 and our cabin number is 7522. I have just looked at Deck 6 and discovered that we are right over the Mardi Gras Caberet Lounge and Night Club. Has anyone stayed in that cabin (or one close)? Can you remark on the noise level?

I would change it...

I've found that being OVER something isn't too bad, unless you want absolute quiet before 11. There is sound proofing between decks. It's far worse to be across from crew access doors or under something like the fitness club where people are dropping weights or under an area where chairs are dragged around.

Viv

We just got off the POA, sailing last week and were in 7516. All I can say is CHANGE YOUR CABIN!!. It was a great cruise except for the noise from the Mardi Gras every night until late, the last night, until 1AM. We tried earplugs but the thump from the bass soaked right through. It made what would have been a perfect cruise a bit of a nightmare.

We are fairly young and not complainers, in fact, I can't think of a time we've complained about anything like this ever, but finally had enough after 3 nights. I get that the layout of the ship is what it is and there's not much that can be done, but it is really unfair. The front desk gave us a comp in East Meet West and a little on-board credit, I mean, what else could they do? Suffice to say I would rather have had warning and a few hours of sleep back.

I like this line and love the ports, but do whatever you can to get away from the front of that ship on level 7!!!

Anyway, do whatever you can to change your cabin.

Being anywhere low towards the back will be loud in the mornings when they are going into port especially when they spin the azipods around and low in the front when they use the thrusters. If you are an early riser, no problem. Also in Hilo, they drop anchor, so get ready for a really loud wakeup call when they drop anchor. As far as floor insulation between decks, not really, they are steel floors and can't afford to waste space between decks. Some insulation but not alot.

Aloha

I called Ruben and he moved us to cabin 8530 for a little more money. We were glad to pay the extra money not to have to worry about being kept up at night.

Great move! Was a great cruise, I think you'll enjoy it. Especially without the noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived