Which deck for aft wrap cabin?

Rockportgirl

I wanted to book an AFT on Deck 8 on The Conquest. My PVP suggested that I take Deck 7 instead because I'll have cabins above me. The Aft cabin on Deck 8 is right below an open public area where people can look over the railing at your deck. It has been reported here at CC that people in Aft Cabins on Deck 8 have found cigarette butts plastic cups and other trash on their balcony.

As far as Deck 6 I can't answer but in my own opinion that would be a little closer to the thrushers and would probably be too much vibrations for me to handle.

On the Conquest class ships, directly above 8448 is tables and chairs for eating, not lounge chairs. We have had this same cabin 3 times on 3 different ships and loved it. No noise issues.

People above would have to lean on to tilted glass to get a partial view of balcony. The balcony portion on the side of ship is completely private.

Deck 8 can look onto deck 7 below, and deck 7 on to deck 6, so they are equal as far as privacy. IMO.

Deck 8 gives you the best complete wrap. Again just my opinion.

enjoy your cruise!

On the Conquest class ships, directly above 8448 is tables and chairs for eating, not lounge chairs. We have had this same cabin 3 times on 3 different ships and loved it. No noise issues.

People above would have to lean on to tilted glass to get a partial view of balcony. The balcony portion on the side of ship is completely private.

Deck 8 can look onto deck 7 below, and deck 7 on to deck 6, so they are equal as far as privacy. IMO.

enjoy your cruise!

Thanks from me too. I think I'll try and change my cabin from 7445 to 8448

I've been reading some not so great things about Verandah deck aft wraps. I have the option to change to Upper deck. Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other? Specifically it would be 8448 to 6452 on the Conquest.

Thanks.

We went through the same thing when we were trying to decide which aft wrap cabin to get. We are on the Legend which is Spirit Class so it woudn't help you. However, what we did is go to Webshots and type Carnival Legend into the Search area. Then we looked at a bunch of pictures of the aft of the ship and we were able to see exactly what we would get with each and every deck. We found that one deck might have a longer side section but not much aft, whereas, another deck might have the opposite. We definitely were interested in having a longer portion of the deck on the aft so we ended up going with deck 7. It might be a good way for you to figure out exactly what you would be getting with each deck.

Another little tidbit of info: When we tried to find which cabins were still available through the Carnival website, it would only show a few open cabins. So we were sort of bummed because we couldn't find a date that had the aft wrap available on the deck we wanted. So, I just happened to call Carnival and the representative mentioned that certain cabins were available which were definitely not showing as available on the website. He couldn't tell me the reason it was like that. So, I then called my travel agent and asked her if the cabin we wanted was available and it did NOT show as available to her. I told her it was showing available to the Carnival rep and asked her to call Carnival to check. She did and sure enough the cabin was available and she was able to get it for us. She said she just couldn't understand why it would not show as available on the website or to travel agents, but it would show as available to Carnival (and she wasn't very happy about it). So, if you want a specific cabin and it is not showing as available, make sure to contact Carnival directly.

Good Luck!!

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday and were in 6452. I love it. I also had the choice between the two when I booked and I chose 6452. Stupid reason, but I preferred to have the couch instead of the table with two chairs. I also felt there was more of an "aft" view on deck 6 instead of 8, which had more of a side balcony. We found one or two cigarette butts and a different kind of butt (:eek:), but it was no biggie. We couldn't hear a peep from the lounges. Walking down the hall to our room at night we could and I couldn't imagine how the people in those cabins were sleeping, but once we were in ours you couldn't hear a thing. I loved it and when I sail on a Conquest class again I would pick the same cabin. I also prefer to be a little closer to the water when I'm standing on my balcony, so that may have had something to do with my decision too.

enjoy your cruise!

Thanks dalsti - I just changed my cabin from 7445 to 8448. And I saved $200, go figure. They must have had a price drop that

enjoy your cruise!

My feelings exactly! We try very hard to get deck 8 on the Conquest class.

BTW, the only time we had cig butts or trash on our balcony, it came from one of the other balconies, and that can happen anywhere on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

We have 8448 on Conquest booked for our next cruise. In fact, we booked Conquest because we could have 8448 for our cabin. (Yes, we booked a cruise for the cabin - not for the ship, not for the itinerary.:o) We had the comparable cabin on Victory and loved it. Yes, there were times in the early morning hours when we heard the scraping of chairs overhead as the crew was cleaning, but it really wasn't bad. Never found a cigarette butt on our balcony. And as far as I'm concerned, the deck 8 wraps are the best. Loved having sun when we wanted sun and shade when we wanted shade. Our next cruise can't get here fast enough.:D

I've been reading some not so great things about Verandah deck aft wraps. I have the option to change to Upper deck. Can anyone tell me if one is better than the other? Specifically it would be 8448 to 6452 on the Conquest.

Thanks.

I'm in 6452 on the Conquest in two weeks. Can it wait that long and I'll let you know?

We just got off the Freedom on Sunday and were in 6452. I love it. I also had the choice between the two when I booked and I chose 6452. Stupid reason, but I preferred to have the couch instead of the table with two chairs. I also felt there was more of an "aft" view on deck 6 instead of 8, which had more of a side balcony. We found one or two cigarette butts and a different kind of butt (:eek:), but it was no biggie. We couldn't hear a peep from the lounges. Walking down the hall to our room at night we could and I couldn't imagine how the people in those cabins were sleeping, but once we were in ours you couldn't hear a thing. I loved it and when I sail on a Conquest class again I would pick the same cabin. I also prefer to be a little closer to the water when I'm standing on my balcony, so that may have had something to do with my decision too.

We have the same room on the Conquest in two weeks, glad to hear all the good stuff.

Thanks.

We book 6483, LOVE it!!!! No noise, no soot, fabulous balcony!

I'm in 6452 on the Conquest in two weeks. Can it wait that long and I'll let you know?

We booked our friends (newbie cruisers) in that room the week prior, while we are i n 6483. We will try and not trash the rooms :D.

We just had an aft wrap on 8 on the Triumph.

Had one day of rain and it rained on balcony so it was useless that day.

Did hear some scraping above by the pool from time to time but nothing major.

We could look down and see part of balcony on 7 but not a lot.

Great balcony but if we ever get another aft wrap would try one on a lower floor.

We book 6483, LOVE it!!!! No noise, no soot, fabulous balcony!

we ahd it also and it was great, one deck up from the prom at the back of the ship no noise and greaaaaat view always try to book it, did the same on the Glory and felt the same way. you will love this one better that the higher decks.:D

• 2 months later...

Archived