Location of Upper Berths?

tab11

Hello, I'm getting ready to book on Solstice for July 2011. We're considering either a C2, or an A1. My travel agent highly recommends the Concierge Class and says we will appreciate all the little extras. Our 12-yr old daughter will be traveling with us and she really liked having the upper berth on our last cruise with Royal Caribbean. It appears there are no Concierge rooms that offer the upper berth, but the A1 does. Does anyone know where the upper berth is located? It was right above our bed on Royal Caribbean. I'm not sure how any of us will like the arrangement of having her sleep on a pad on the sofa. Does the sofa pull out, like a sleeper?

Thanks for any info offered!

Most of the staterooms that have an upper berth, also have a convertible sofa bed. The upper berth is located above the sofa bed, which is located near the balcony door. The main bed in these staterooms are near the bath. Your stateroom attendant will have to unlatch the upper berth for you, should you chose it instead of the sofa bed.

I'm not sure how the sofa bed is configured -- whether it is fold out or pull out, or what.

Personally, unless the CC room is very close(under $100 total) to the cost of the A1, I wouldn't bother. On the S class ships, the rooms and balconies are the same. (This is different on the m class ships. You DO get a bigger room and balcony.) And any other minor perks offered don't have much value.

However, your TA's commision is based on the price you pay. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When we were on the Millennium our friends much prefered the ceiling style extra bed over the sofa bed layouts. So much so they went balcony class over CC on our next cruise just for the extra bed style. The sofa was still available when the little guy went to bed and it just fit better in the cabin, up and out of the way, not there to trip over.

Here's the bed down;

20pf3au.jpg

here's the ceiling style on the Millennium Class, this pic it's half-way... sorta stored for the day, it actually fits completely in the ceiling flush with the rest of the panels when not being used so takes up zero space when not used.... ... not sure if the Solstice class is the same.

sg1ohe.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

• 4 years later...

Just wanted to resurrect this thread and say thanks for the photos. We have our first Celebrity cruise booked and our first time traveling with our son (almost-3 when we sail). It's good to see the options, although the way he sleeps right now, it wouldn't be safe for him up there. :) Also good to see the balcony rails are solid like they are on RCCL. Not sure our pack & play would fit (which is one option), but we have a foldup cot that isn't so bad. Or the sofa bed, but we'll probably want to be on the balcny at night - can you get out when the bed's open?