Best whale watching through ship--Juneau or Icy Strait?

im4golf

Will be leaving in about a month and can't decide which whale watching tour to go on--Juneau or Icy Strait. We were going to book with Royal Caribbean (Radiance of the Seas) Can somebody help me with our decision? Thanks

There are a lot more things to do in Juneau versus Icy Strait Point. We did the am whale watch with FISHES in Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), had Floyd drop us off at the pier in town istead of back to the marina and walked to "The Office" bar for fresh cooked crab for lunch, then walked back to the dock where the tenders drop you off from the ship. Watched the Tlingit Indian dance show and walked around at the old cannery which had a small museum set-up regarding canning salmon and walked thru the gift shops. Then we waited for one of the tenders to pick us up and take us back to the ship. This is a very "non-touristy" port and was one of my favorites! :D

im4golf - please post a review of your excursion when you return (especially if you opt for the RCCL one). I've got both whale watches booked for Sept - Juneau and ISP - through the ship as I prefer the larger, Allen Marine boats. I'd love to hear your experience upon your return.

Have fun!

Archived