Got IC after being on waitlist BUT be sure to double check reservation

clover4

After being on the Last Minute Travel waitlist for about 36 hours (they leave you on it for 48 hours then you start over if no reservation is available) I got a room at the Intercontinental for $89 (on the hotel site the same room for the same date is $319). :):)

I didn't even realize I had gotten the reservation until my credit card company sent me an e-mail asking if I'd charged money in Israel - which is apparently where LMT is located. Before I answered my credit card company, I went back to LMT to look at my account and I did have a confirmation there. BUT it was for a King room instead of two Doubles. I called the hotel to confirm they had me listed and to request a change in bed types. They did so and sent me their own confirmation. Incidentally, on that confirmation it says I'm paying $75 not $89 for the room. I guess the extra $14 is LMT's profit. Not bad.

Just responded to the other thread too... that is great!

Now I can go back to obsessing about what we will be doing on our cruise instead about where we will be sleeping for the 2 nights before the cruise! :)

Archived