Victory out of Dominica

VictoryLover2

As of November 2, 2010 Carnival is pulling the port of Dominica from the VICTORY's itinerary!!!!!

http://dominicanewsonline.com/dno/carnival-victory-cancels-calls-to-dominica-after-21-years/

"...the cost of fuel has forced Carnival Cruise Line to restructure Victory’s schedule and canceling Dominica will save more fuel than any other destinations."

What other changes or stops will be affected... SORRY... restructured?????

So how will a day at sea cruising save fuel as opposed to docked in a port????? What other island along the way to Barbados will save fuel????? Or is the whole itinerary getting an "Extreme Makeover"..... sorry ABC!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's still showing on my itinerary for 12/12/10. I really hope they replace the port rather than making it a sea day. We booked this because there are no sea days. (Yes, I know the contract gives them the right to cancel ports blah blah blah -- I will still be disappointed.)

As of November 2, 2010 Carnival is pulling the port of Dominica from the VICTORY's itinerary!!!!!

http://dominicanewsonline.com/dno/carnival-victory-cancels-calls-to-dominica-after-21-years/

I'm really glad for the change (assuming Dominica is replaced with a port instead of a sea day). Dominica was a very horrid port to visit, even Colon, Panama felt safer and had less aggressive vendors. But, will reserve judgment until seeing the actual revised itinery. Honestly, I don't know why CCL doesn't just do what RCCL and Princess do and mix up the intineries from San Juan every week.

Now THIS is interesting... Port of Spain, Trinidad is now listed as an embarkation port on Carnival.com (although if you select it, 0 cruises turn up). Maybe Barbados is out as the mid-week stop and Port of Spain is in?

If people think Dominica is scary I can't wait to see the reaction to Trinidad... That said, Trinidad is actually much farther from Puerto Rico than Barbados is, so that doesn't make any economic sense.

There's a major error in this article. Victory has only been sailing to Dominica for a couple of years, not 21 years. Such a glaring error makes me question the veracity of the entire article.

The Victory itself is only 10 years old. Someone got a few facts wrong.

Dominica is one of my favorite ports. It's beautiful and offers unique experiences that can't be found in other ports. I truly enjoyed the "nature island" and was looking forward to visiting again in January. The southern cruise will not be as interesting or varied. (With all the problems in St. Thomas, how about skipping them until the gang problems are settled.) I hope it's not true, but if it is, I ask Carnival to reconsider. :(

There's a major error in this article. Victory has only been sailing to Dominica for a couple of years, not 21 years. Such a glaring error makes me question the veracity of the entire article.

I think it meant to say that Carnival has been going to Dominica for 21 years, we went there for the first time 10 years ago and it is one of our favorite ports. I have never felt unsafe there and the people are wonderful! Hopefully we will get to go there in Feb!!:confused:

I wonder if Victory replaced another ship that made that same itinerary?:confused:

Anybody know if Carnivals been going to Dominica for twenty years?

Before Victory, Destiny did the same itinerary. I don't know what ship[ was doing it for Carnival before Destiny, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've been sailing the same itinerary for 20 years with different ships.

B]So how will a day at sea cruising save fuel as opposed to docked in a port?????

If they cut out Dominica and don't make any other changes, they can save fuel by sailing much more slowly directly between the ports currently scheduled immediately before and after Dominica. Plus they add revenue from all the passengers being aboard for those hours (and buying drinks, bingo cards, massages, etc) instead of on the island.

Archived