Wine Expert help and wine price list

slyster

Hi there...I'm not a wine expert by any means, but I do like white zinfandel and white wines. I usually like my wines a little sweeter. From doing research on the boards, I saw a post that said that the Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle is a sweet white wine...

Do any others have feedback or can they confirm it is a sweeter wine? I only read it in one thread. Also, does anyone know how much a bottle of Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle costs?

I see wine price lists on the boards but Riesling isn't on it and I'm considering a platinum 5 bottle wine package, possibly alternating between the riesling and zinfandel...it's $10.00 difference in the price (gold is $135 and platinum is $145). The berringer white zinfandel is $27 a bottle and the gold package price costs $135.00 for 5 bottles which is exactly what FIVE $27.00 bottles of wine cost so there's no cost savings there. That's kind of another reason I thought about the riesling if we had cost savings buying that wine with the platinum package.

So just to recap my questions:

1. How much does a bottle of Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle cost?

2. Is the Rieseling Chateau Ste Michelle sweet?

3. Can you recommend any other sweet wines on the gold or platinum packages?

Thanks in advance for your help :-) just over 4 weeks until my Oasis cruise!

Yes, the Chateau Ste. Michelle Reisling is a sweet wine - very nice! I seem to recall the cost as somewhere around $28 a bottle - could be a little more. I do not believe there are any other similar wines in the gold or platinum packages - besides the Zinfandel.

Hi there...I'm not a wine expert by any means, but I do like white zinfandel and white wines. I usually like my wines a little sweeter. From doing research on the boards, I saw a post that said that the Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle is a sweet white wine...

Do any others have feedback or can they confirm it is a sweeter wine? I only read it in one thread. Also, does anyone know how much a bottle of Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle costs?

I see wine price lists on the boards but Riesling isn't on it and I'm considering a platinum 5 bottle wine package, possibly alternating between the riesling and zinfandel...it's $10.00 difference in the price (gold is $135 and platinum is $145). The berringer white zinfandel is $27 a bottle and the gold package price costs $135.00 for 5 bottles which is exactly what FIVE $27.00 bottles of wine cost so there's no cost savings there. That's kind of another reason I thought about the riesling if we had cost savings buying that wine with the platinum package.

So just to recap my questions:

1. How much does a bottle of Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle cost?

2. Is the Rieseling Chateau Ste Michelle sweet?

3. Can you recommend any other sweet wines on the gold or platinum packages?

Thanks in advance for your help :-) just over 4 weeks until my Oasis cruise!

Sarah

My husband & I like the Riesling Chateau Ste Michelle BUT it is not a sweet wine like a White Zinfindel. My husband would not indulge if it were. I like both but my girlfriend who only drinks a Beringer White Zin or a typical German riesling absolutly hated it-not sweet enough for her.

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth. Perhaps you can pick up a bottle before you cruise and try it. I think we paid $10-12 at home for it.

now there's a concept LOL! I never thought to try it at home before getting on my cruise. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone know for sure how much it costs on the ship? It costs $145 for 5 bottles on the platinum wine package and if it's $28.00 like devvt said it might be, it's costs less to buy it without the platinum plan.

I would love to know how much the Reisling Chateau Ste Michelle bottle costs on the ship...

If there aren't any other sweet choices, I may just stay with the beringer white zinfandel...thanks again for your help :-)

Archived