Anything Freedom of the Seas

Hi guys,

well i just wanna say hey look its a new year and just another year to cruise! :)

anyway in july 2011 my family and i will be going on the freedom of the seas.

we are not new to cruising but we have never been on the freedom or on any boats on the freedom class.

I was wondering if you had any tips you wanted to share with me or any secrets to check out.

ive been the the helipad on the mariner and the adventure but sadly on the oasis it wasnt accessible but i did go onto deck 14 balcony.

Any way i was wondering since i am a 15 year old if anyone can tell me how their kids enjoyed the teen club on FOS

Thanks again guys

Laurel

I'm an old man compared to you :) but here is my advice.

Freedom is nothing more than a Voyager class ship on steroids (as was told by a captain during a welcome back party). There is not significant difference between the two. Since you have been on Mariner, just picture her about 20% larger.

The most notable difference between the two is the seperation of the Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos. Sorrentos on the Freedom is where the Cafe Promenade is on Mariner. The Cafe is more in the middle of the promenade.

I am sure you will enjoy Freedom as you did Mariner.

Tim

You will most likely LOVE the FlowRider. It was a lot of fun, just watching people. I'm sure in July, there will be lots of teens on the ship. All you have to do is find a few and you'll all have a blast together on the FOS.

Pool... hot tubs...FlowRider...golf...arcade...rock wall...pizza every night at Sorrentos...Johnny Rockets...the list goes on....ENJOY!

the flowrider is very cool and fun. It became an event just to sit and watch. They had a showcase and a tournament the last sea day that was standing room only. I have video of it if there is an interest, I can post a link.

We did the flowrider almost every day it was open. It's free during certain times. You can also book it privately (very costly $350 / hour!), but we met some people who did this for a family and said it was worth it.

Archived