Great time with Capt. Bryan's

volksgirl64

We used Capt. Bryan's service on 1/27 and had a great time. The staff was very nice and knowlegdable and the ship was clean.

There were only 10 of us onboard which was great. Each person got a chance to hold, pet, kiss, feed, and get tons of pictures taken with the 'rays. I feel sorry for the people who book the 50+ person tours.

Snorkeling was great, we saw the giant eel and tons of other fish out by the reef.

I would use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Fisherlady,

We booked online. I don't think it's possible to book Capt. Bryan's through the cruise ship. They'll want you to use theirs instead.

Sunnymom,

I never did figure out the name of the boat. It wasn't the Bucaneer, it was red and white, that's about all I can tell you.

Fisherlady,

I never did figure out the name of the boat. It wasn't the Bucaneer, it was red and white, that's about all I can tell you.

You were on the Hannibal, which sails both morning (9:30am) and afternoon (1:30pm ) on two-stop cruises. The Buccaneer sails mid day (10:30am-1pm) on a three stop itinerary.

We just booked the Buccaneer for a June 21 sailing...probably a bit early, but we can't wait! Only 124 more days 'til we sail! :) Anyone else have anything good to say about Capt. Bryan or the Buccaneer? (By the way---if it's not good, keep it to yourself!;))

On either of these boats - what is the access to the water, over the side or stairs that lower into the water?

There was a ladder out the front and the back of the Buccaneer. My DH had had knee replacement surgery three months prior. He got in and out all three times without difficulty.

Su

Just back from our cruise. We booked online with Capt Bryan's..did the 10:30 catamaran (Buccaneer) with 2 snorkelling stops and the stringrays. It was great. The first stop was a little rough which made the snorkelling a little more difficult for a few (me included) but the 2nd stop (which isn't that far from the 1st stop, oddly enough) was great! Lots of fish and eels. The guide in the water was excellent @ coaxing out the eels and feeding fish so you could see alot. The stringrays were fun..fun..fun! We had ~15 or less on board compared to the 100 or so booked with the cruise ship. Life jackets in the waist high water flagged then as cruise excursions. It was too windy for sails out to the reef but we did sail back. Open bar was utilized after snorkelling.

We didn't have a videographer on board but I did not request one so perhaps that was the difference. No matter...water camera prob. got some great shots!

On return driver would drop you off @ your hotel, pier or beach. We opted to check out 7 Mile Beach and cabbed it back to the pier. Great day!

We booked the tour with Capt Bryan on the Buccaneer and also loved it! My DH and I are already planning on booking again with them for our cruise w/ the kids next year (this year we left them home). Looking at the other boats that were out there, I felt like we had one of the better deals. Some of the boats were so big and full it did not look near as personal as the Buccaneer. Also some of the other tours made everyone wear a life vest which seemed funny. The crew was great anf fun. Very knowledgable. There was a videographer on board from VIP productions who did a fantasic job of being with everyone and capturing everyone's experience. We are too cheap to have purchased the video but I think it was $40 VHS $50 DVD and the cost of mailing it back to the states is included in that cost. He gave a preview of it before we got off the boat and he did do nice work. He also gave us his card in case we changed our mind later. Last, we heard back from them I think about 2 days after we initially emailed requesting the res. They emailed back asking for the deposit on credit card and we payed the rest when we got there.

Archived