14 year old boy at formal dinner

Will Carnival let him in the formal dinner in dress pants/shirt without a jacket? I hate to buy him a suit for one night.

Yes they have. My boys wore a tie one night and another night a dress shirt and dress pants.

formal dinner
No worries, as "Formal Night" as we once knew and loved it no longer exists. It's now an abomination called "Cruise Elegant" and results in a much more relaxed wardrobe. Don't sweat it.

No problem. They'll probably be some of the best dressed. I got off of Carnival Liberty last week and it was probably the most "relaxed" dress code I've see in my thirtysomething cruises. I did not see anyone in tank tops and shorts but there were VERY FEW tuxedos and very few suits. Shirts and long pants were the most common.

Take care,

Mike

My husband is planning to show up in a button down shirt and khakis (no tie). My sister and I are wearing knee length dresses. Never sailed Carnival before, but we are not expecting any issues.

My husband is planning to show up in a button down shirt and khakis (no tie). My sister and I are wearing knee length dresses. Never sailed Carnival before, but we are not expecting any issues.

You guys will be fine.

The minimum requirements for men on Elegant Night seems to be long pants and a shirt with a collar, meaning even a polo/golf type shirt would be allowed.

There are diverse opinions on CC about whether this is dressy enough, but that's what Carnival requires as a minimum.

Archived