Azamara Journey July, 2011 Stockholm Cruise

irishuga

This is my first posting so if I'm doing something not quite right, please keep this in mind. I also couldn't figure out how to post my question to the 7/21 Journey thread so I'm going this route.

With that said, this posting may be a bit premature but I’m wondering if anyone knows for sure where the Journey will be docked in Stockholm for the 7/21 sailing?

We’re arriving in Stockholm by train at the main station. I’d like to tell the cab driver where to take us without driving around the city looking for the ship. Azamara’s website is silent on Stockholm. I think it’s because ships can dock in more than one place.

I’ve read and have been told Azamara uses Värtahamnen which is about five miles from north Gama Stan (old town). However, on a website for the port of Stockholm, it shows the Journey arriving and departing from F 650 at Frihamnen cruise terminal for the 7/21 sailing. This same website shows the 7/14 sailing departing Värtahamnen on 7/15 and returning to Frihamnen.

Any information is appreciated including how to post to just a particular cruise's thread. Thanks much.

Any information is appreciated including how to post to just a particular cruise's thread. Thanks much.

Sorry, I missed that part. When you're in the thread scroll down and look for the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left.

We’re arriving in Stockholm by train at the main station. I’d like to tell the cab driver where to take us without driving around the city looking for the ship. Azamara’s website is silent on Stockholm. I think it’s because ships can dock in more than one place.

I’ve read and have been told Azamara uses Värtahamnen which is about five miles from north Gama Stan (old town). However, on a website for the port of Stockholm, it shows the Journey arriving and departing from F 650 at Frihamnen cruise terminal for the 7/21 sailing. This same website shows the 7/14 sailing departing Värtahamnen on 7/15 and returning to Frihamnen.

I don't know if Azamara docks on different piers on departure and arrival, but Värtahamnen and Frihamnen is in the same area. 5 minutes ride between them.

Just tell the taxi driver you want to go to the cruiseterminal in Frihamnen. (Not to the Finland/Estland ferry terminal wich is located in the same place.) Use a Taxi Stockholm car and you will have no problems. There is a line outside the central station with people that will help you to get a taxi.

The ride will take about 10 - 20 minutes depending on the traffic.

Have a nice cruise in our beautiful Östersjö!

hi..saw your post about your upcoming cruise july 21...my husband and I are also looking into excursions out of st petersburg...we are both retired and adore traveling...live in florida...can u send us some info as to the itinerary u have planned?...thanks ...we are on that cruise also

To retirada regarding your St. Petersburg excursions question. We decided to take the excursions offered through the ship. We will be taking one private car tour to the Hermitage. The rest of the tours will be group / bus tours.

Archived