NCL Star Suite 10228 & Spa Thermal Suite ?'s

snyderc635

I just booked Penthouse Suite 10228 on the NCL Star to Bermuda next June 10. I was wondering if anyone else had stayed in this particular cabin, and has pictures, or can tell me about the layout, size ect..

Also, does anyone know the price for entance into the Spa Thermal Suite for the week? Thanks!

We've sailed twice in cabin 10228 on the Star and loved it. The panoramic view off the stern was fantastic and you can go out on the balcony at any time since wind isn't an issue. We've always had fantastic service by the butler, concierge, and cabin stewards on the Star. Here's a link to some photos (not mine) that I found when I was researching this cabin: http://travel.webshots.com/album/154643088LEECGc

Enjoy,

Greg

I just booked Penthouse Suite 10228 on the NCL Star to Bermuda next June 10. I was wondering if anyone else had stayed in this particular cabin, and has pictures, or can tell me about the layout, size ect..

Also, does anyone know the price for entance into the Spa Thermal Suite for the week? Thanks!

We were not in that suite, but the balcony next to it, and did get the spa pass. In January it was $99.00/pp, but I have heard it has gone up to $109. They did not sell couples passes.

The spa in the Star does not have thermal loungers, and they allow both sexes into the lounge areas to either side, both downfalls IMHO. We are cruising the Star again, this time in the aft suites, and decided not to do the spa. We'll spend our time out on our balconies enjoying our cappuccino in the morning instead. The therapy pool is not too large (I only have the Pearl to compare it to), and the larger pool is a cool water pool, and there were not ever many people in it.

The spa has both a men's and women's area with water closets, shower, dressing room, steam room and sauna. Then you can go into the next area with loungers that face the floor-to-ceiling windows at the front of the ship; that is the area that was not co-ed on the Pearl, but is co-ed on the Star. Then you go through another door into the main co-ed area where there is a smaller (about 10' x 10' thelosotherapy pool, the larger cool lap pool, and deck chairs in the middle for conversation, and more lounges facing the windows across the front of that area.

They offer tours of the spa before you sign up for the spa pass, so you can look it over and decide for yourself. We did enjoy spending time there, don't get me wrong. For two days the thelolotherapy pool was too hot for me, and I commented to the staff about it; the last day it was a bearable temperature for me.

I just got spoiled with the spa on the Pearl, I liked the layout and amenities better. Loved the sauna with windows on three sides; the Star's is an interior room. Since we are in suites next time, we decided to put the money to the upgrade in room instead of the spa.

I've never done a cruise on NCL, but decided to try them based on the "suite" reviews. No pun intended. LOL On the Veendam to Bermuda, my husband and I spent alot of time in the thermal suite, relaxing in a ceramic lounger, and enjoying the view. That's why we bought the pass. It doesn't sound like the Star spa has what we are looking for, so we will probably skip the purchase this time. We will have to check it out, like you suggested. Thanks for the information!

Since you already have a nice aft view from cabin 10228, there isn't much difference in the view from the spa (it's right above your cabin). We did enjoy using the pool and hot tubs in the spa since they were never really crowded. My wife enjoyed the sauna (too hot for me).

Greg

I've never done a cruise on NCL, but decided to try them based on the "suite" reviews. No pun intended. LOL On the Veendam to Bermuda, my husband and I spent alot of time in the thermal suite, relaxing in a ceramic lounger, and enjoying the view. That's why we bought the pass. It doesn't sound like the Star spa has what we are looking for, so we will probably skip the purchase this time. We will have to check it out, like you suggested. Thanks for the information!

I've enjoyed that spa ever since the first two cruises, when it was not an extra charge. I've paid the price ever since.

One of my favorite parts of the men's side is the cold and hot plunges in the shower area. Last cruise they hardly ever had the hot plunge hot (once). But it was still fun to steam and then jump in the cold!

Still have not decided if I'll do it again in September. I love the giant triple headed open shower!

Hi,

We booked the same stateroom for the week of July 8th,2012. I can't wait!!:D

The pictures of the stateroom were uploaded in 2004, is everything the same in the room or was anything changed, upgraded in the drydock last year?:confused:

I just booked 10728 for Jan 2013. I was wondering if anyone had any recent pics. I've searched and searched the web with no luck. I know it's a long way off, but I'm so excited! Cruised for the first time this past Feb and was immediately hooked. This will be hubby's first. Looking forward to experiencing the "Suite Life" :D

I just booked 10728 for Jan 2013. I was wondering if anyone had any recent pics. I've searched and searched the web with no luck. I know it's a long way off, but I'm so excited! Cruised for the first time this past Feb and was immediately hooked. This will be hubby's first. Looking forward to experiencing the "Suite Life" :D

I'll make sure to take lots of pics for you. Until then here are some from cruisedeckplans.com. I know exactly how you feel, we went on our first cruise this past January and I was hooked immediately. DH likes it but not quite as much as I do however he is happy to go along where ever I pick. I will definitely buy another cruise reward on this next cruise.

1555837735_stateroom1072820(3)_500.jpg.c3c8a85bade166f7ee898311c4949217.jpg

547692597_stateroom1072820(5)_500.jpg.e2221fd7667e6bbe89b3c74cb9c7944c.jpg

475826381_stateroom1072820(6)_500.jpg.f3631292824d48c42f5ba9054c934a44.jpg

2033608838_stateroom1072820(7)_500.jpg.709cf973a15bf5415ecbf0dc04e1aec4.jpg

284692892_stateroom1072820(8)_500.jpg.fd1372d5df6c0033e1e3f8b04c3d6ab0.jpg

Hi,

I have one other question for 10228. Last time (the only time) we sailed we had 2 mini-suites on the Jewel for the 4 of us, DH is 6'2" DS is 6'5", myself & DD, which turned out good in the mini it was real comfortable for 2.

We booked this stateroom so all 4 of us can be in one, will we be comfortable or tight? Thank you in advance:confused:

I'll make sure to take lots of pics for you. Until then here are some from cruisedeckplans.com. I know exactly how you feel, we went on our first cruise this past January and I was hooked immediately. DH likes it but not quite as much as I do however he is happy to go along where ever I pick. I will definitely buy another cruise reward on this next cruise.

Thanks so much for the pics, especially the balcony pic! I like to call myself a "balcony potato", much like a couch potato only with a much better view lol. I love the peacefulness and the beauty. I'm looking forward to your pictures and review of your cruise. I hope you have a most wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Archived