ISLAND MARKETING N Belize

csunshine860

We just returned from Belize. If there's one port of call where I would bite the bullet and book an excursion through the ship, THIS IS IT!

The ship docks 3 1/2 miles away. Tenders take longer, and are more infrequent. This means that those passengers NOT on ship sponsored excursion have a lengthy wait since those passengers on ship excursions will have priority.

Belize is a beautiful country, but going out on your own is not recommended. If you do decide to go with an independent tour operator, make sure they are safe and reputable (which seems to be what you are doing :))

We dd a private tour for 4 with wwwdotdiscoverbelizedotbz/belizetours/, to Xunantunich Mayan Ruins, It was a great adventure that I wish everyone could experience, Great private tour guide, Great Ruins, that we climbed to the top of Breathtaking views to Guatemala, outstanding meal at a local resturant in San Ignacio.I would do this again without even thinking about it...

We use them exclusively throughout the Caribbean, and have never had any issues! Very courteous drivers, knowledgeable guides, excellent excursions, they get you to each place before the big buses, and always get you back to either the ship or tender area with lots of time to shop or get a cocktail.

we used island marketing in belize and went to bannister island. they were very good i thought. we were met and then took a boat over to bannister island. it was a beach day and/or beach snorkling. we just did the beach day. we were back in time to go shopping before we had to get back on the ship. the island marketing crew were very professional and on time. we always try and go with reputable companies when we visit the islands. their livelyhood depends on tourists and if they are not good and/or late they get a bad reputation and noone will use them.

We've used IM many times and had no problems. In fact, we had them booked for Belize and the ruin tour. Carnival cancelled the port (Jan. 2011) because of tendering problems. We received a full refund from Island Marketing with no hassle. Wish we could have done the tour instead.

Lib

Hi, Thank you everyone.......yep....going with IM.:p

Glad to hear good comments. Thinking about using them for snorkeling at Goff's Caye in November. Don't think I'll have any problems according to the comments hear.

Can we book the excursion with IM at the tourist village? I'm still decicing between Altun Ha and Goffs Cay. My ship will arrive at 8 AM in December and I don't know how soon we can get to the tender port.

Can we book the excursion with IM at the tourist village? I'm still decicing between Altun Ha and Goffs Cay. My ship will arrive at 8 AM in December and I don't know how soon we can get to the tender port.

Yes, Island Marketing has a presence at the pier and can be booked there...at least Goff's Cay can (been there, did that); not sure about Altun Ha. They are located near the Wet Lizard...with several other tour operators.

mousecrazy, what time did IM take you to Goffs? We r on the Legend next week, first time to Belize, if the tenders are full of Carnival tours, we wont get to shore until 10 I am guessing. How long were you on the island and what time did you get back to belize City?

Thanx

Cindy

mousecrazy, what time did IM take you to Goffs? We r on the Legend next week, first time to Belize, if the tenders are full of Carnival tours, we wont get to shore until 10 I am guessing. How long were you on the island and what time did you get back to belize City?

Thanx

Cindy

I think the boat left at around 9:30, but we had arrived at 7am that morning, as did the only other ship in port that day. I think we arrived back at the pier around 2:00 - it was supposed to be a 4 1/2 hour tour, but it was a bit longer. I'm pretty sure they adjust the schedule based on the ships that are in port, so if you're not getting off until 10, you will probably still have options available...or you can email them...they were very responsive to my questions.

I hope you enjoy your day in paradise!

we used island marketing in belize and went to bannister island. they were very good i thought. we were met and then took a boat over to bannister island. it was a beach day and/or beach snorkling. we just did the beach day. we were back in time to go shopping before we had to get back on the ship. the island marketing crew were very professional and on time. we always try and go with reputable companies when we visit the islands. their livelyhood depends on tourists and if they are not good and/or late they get a bad reputation and noone will use them.

Can you tell me what the cost was just to go over to Bannister Island for a beach day and what all it included. This is something I want to do next month.

• 3 weeks later...

Used IM to book Xstream Cave Tubing. It was awesome.

In fact the Independent Operators were on time but Carnival cave tubing zip lining was about an hour late returning to the port. And they paid Twice as much with no lunch and since they were late they couldn't get anything at the port.

Hi, has anyone used this tour company in Belize . We are thinking of using them for A. Mayan Ruin and city tour. Any info would greatly be appreciated.:rolleyes:

We've used Island Marketing on a few different cruises. We've had great experiences every time, no problems at all.

My advise though, definitely use their live help that is on their site. I find their reservation agents really helpful when im trying to decide what tours to go on.

We've used this company for pretty much each port on our cruises and never had any issues, which is why we keep using them again.

Also have used IM before on GC and Cozomel. No problems with them at all. CSUNSHINE860, If you are using them for the Altun Ha ruins I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use them.

We are a group of 11 and will be in Belize this Dec. on the Legend. I would like to use them to see the Lamanai Ruins. This is the first time I'm a little reluctant about using an outside source since these ruins would be an all dayer. I sure would hate to miss the ship :eek:.

Has anyone used IM for this tour? Carnival does not offer the Lamanai ruins tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but I must disagree.

We booked an Island Tour of St Thomas on Nov.8/11 through Island Marketing at a cost of $500.00 for a group of 12. They sub-contracted our tour out to The VI Taxi Association. We first went on a two hour tour of the island and did some shopping. Then we were taken to Megan's Bay for "two" hours. We were left stranded there while our "private" vehicle was sent off to transport other groups. This, despite the fact that our prior purchases and personal property had been left aboard the vehicle for "safekeeping". I contacted Island Marketing about this and they have refused to reply to my concerns. Apparently, once they have your money. they take no responsibility for the shoddy way any of their sub-contractors treat their clients. Island Marketing.....NEVER AGAIN.

""We are a group of 11 and will be in Belize this Dec. on the Legend. I would like to use them to see the Lamanai Ruins. This is the first time I'm a little reluctant about using an outside source since these ruins would be an all dayer. I sure would hate to miss the ship .

Has anyone used IM for this tour? Carnival does not offer the Lamanai ruins tour. ""

We used them in April of this year & we were delighted with our tour of Lamani & we got back in plenty of time.

They do sub out their tours in most all ports so you never really know, but in Belize for Lamani they were great !

Archived