Falmouth - Local Beach

travelkat

Just returned from Freedom of the Seas, and I know some people have had questions about close beaches to Falmouth. Before we left I had done some research on the local "resort" called TimeNPlace, their website shows nice beach. A group of 6 of us decided to go there. First, it was very hard to find someone who would even take us, but we were only asking the tour buses within the fences. And I totally recommend people who have never been to Jamaica to definately book a regular tour to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. The inside tour buses would not take us to TimeNPlace because they said it was not recommended. So we took a chance and went "outside" the gates to the local taxis. The first person I asked to take us to TimeNPlace said just a minute I have someone to take you there. So we met Patrice of Patmar Tours, absolutely wonderful person, she made us feel so comfortable, everyone just fell in love with her. If anyone is interested in a local taxi outside the gates, please ask for Patrice F/C 221, she will take you anywhere you would like to go. TimeNPlace is about an 8 minute drive from Falmouth, you will pass the Breezes resort, and there are a few other resorts close also, one is a clothing optional resort.

So TimeNPlace is not for everyone, it is very rustic, but if you are looking for a practically private beach all to yourselves, this is it. Tony, the owner is very nice, we stayed there most of the day, had the place all to ourselves, he cooked some jerked chicken and rice and beans for all of us, and drank Red Strip beer.The water is very clear and shallow, there is spots of sea grass growing in the water. We loved it, and Patrice our taxi driver stayed with us all day, she even drove into town and bought some vodka and cranberry juice for our friends that didn't drink beer and brought us back snacks.

So if you are looking for something from the ordinary, check this place out.

So we met Patrice of Patmar Tours, absolutely wonderful person, she made us feel so comfortable, everyone just fell in love with her. If anyone is interested in a local taxi outside the gates, please ask for Patrice F/C 221, she will take you anywhere you would like to go.

Finally someone who went to Time N Place!!!

Hi Wondering what Patrice charged for her all day transport.

Also are there lounge chairs at Time N place? How about snorkeling? What were the cost of the Red Stripes? Any fruity drinks like daquris or only beer? We're planning on going there on our cruise in 9 days. Any other information you can think of would be great.

Thanks!!!!

Travelcat, can you give us a few more details on Patrice, such as hourly cost up to how many people. Can she handle 4 persons. Just looking for a little siteseeing and pic taking for a few hours.After going out of the gate,which way to find her? Thanks

Edited by setsail

Like I said this place is very rustic, there are wooden chairs and wooden loungers, on the TimeNPlace website says they have snorkeling gear, but, sorry, we never asked for any, so not sure if he has any. If I can figure out, I will post some pictures.

The initial taxi cost was $20.00 per per person roundtrip. But we paid her pretty good, she went into town (without us asking) to buy drinks and some snacks, normally I don't think she would have stayed all day, but she said she was having so much fun with us, it was like a vacation day for her. I think by the end of the trip she probably ended up with about $250, but that was 6 people and some were heavy tippers.

Red Stripe was the only beer, but they did make other drinks too, and Tony cooked us some Jerked Chicken and beans and rice. I believe that was $10 per person. Sorry I didn't pay attention to the beer costs, I'm sure probably around $3

Not sure about the snorkeling, but the water is very calm, when we first got there, there was a family and they were all snorkeling, but they left after about an hour. It was just very relaxing. Just a note though, the resort next to them is a nudist resort, but they keep to their resort, some of the people came over and sat with us for awhile (they were clothed) and invited us to come over to look at their resort, some of us did, it was actually a nice place, very nice pool, nice rooms, I think it was called the N Resort.

The website is mytimenplace.com

Trying to download some pictures, but doesn't seem to work, if you want to send me your email address will try and send some that way.

Like I said this place is very rustic, there are wooden chairs and wooden loungers, on the TimeNPlace website says they have snorkeling gear, but, sorry, we never asked for any, so not sure if he has any. If I can figure out, I will post some pictures.

The initial taxi cost was $20.00 per per person roundtrip. But we paid her pretty good, she went into town (without us asking) to buy drinks and some snacks, normally I don't think she would have stayed all day, but she said she was having so much fun with us, it was like a vacation day for her. I think by the end of the trip she probably ended up with about $250, but that was 6 people and some were heavy tippers.

Red Stripe was the only beer, but they did make other drinks too, and Tony cooked us some Jerked Chicken and beans and rice. I believe that was $10 per person. Sorry I didn't pay attention to the beer costs, I'm sure probably around $3

Not sure about the snorkeling, but the water is very calm, when we first got there, there was a family and they were all snorkeling, but they left after about an hour. It was just very relaxing. Just a note though, the resort next to them is a nudist resort, but they keep to their resort, some of the people came over and sat with us for awhile (they were clothed) and invited us to come over to look at their resort, some of us did, it was actually a nice place, very nice pool, nice rooms, I think it was called the N Resort.

The website is mytimenplace.com

Trying to download some pictures, but doesn't seem to work, if you want to send me your email address will try and send some that way.

We'll have our own snorkel gear just was wondering if there was anything to see.

Wife has asked if they have clean bathrooms.

email for pictures- Thanks in advance- bjoverton at hotmail dot com

Cheers!

Dear SetSail

I left Patrice's card at my office, so will send her email on Monday. She had a nice van and 6 of us fit comfortably. When you go out the gates, ask for Patrice and then you can negotiate a daily fee for you, she was very sweet, she even called me at work when we got home to make sure we got home safely.

Dear SetSail

Here is Patrice's number and email: Phone: 1-876-509-7542 and her email is:

patbailey52@yahoo.com

She was really fun and we enjoyed the day with her so much, I'm sure she will take good care of anyone that uses her for any excursion.

Wonderful. Thanks for posting this info. We just booked this morning for the Liberty in Dec which stops at Falmouth as will our cruise on the Allure in January.

I will email Patrice and see if she can help just two of us.

Kathy:)

• 3 weeks later...

We spent the day at Time N Place on November 23rd. We had the beach to ourselves and it was great. There is a lot of sea grass in the water so you'll want some water shoes or ask Tony for some. He went out and bought some for us to wear in the water that he said he was going to keep as loaners. They had a kayak that we used and that was fun. It is kind of rustic, not the Hilton for sure, but it was a great day at the beach and definitely a break from the crowds.

There is a nudist resort next door and we did see an old guy walking around naked. (a long way away) We didn't see any women but unless this guy was rich we probably didn't want to. :)

This place looks amazing, and the prices are killer. How was it getting to the transport meeting point? I am fairly well traveled, but want to make sure that my 3 year old son isn't too harassed. Thanks

Dear SetSail

Here is Patrice's number and email: Phone: 1-876-509-7542 and her email is:

patbailey52@yahoo.com

She was really fun and we enjoyed the day with her so much, I'm sure she will take good care of anyone that uses her for any excursion.

Hey Kat, in case you are reading, we just got back from our cruise and we managed to hook up with Patrice while in Falmouth. She was great/just perfect, what a wonderful trip we had with her. Thanks again for the info, very very helpful. :):)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The place is a dump, with broken toilets laying around in the sand next to the kitchen area. There is a beach but the water is very shallow and full of seagrass. You have to go way out to get open water. Please go to one of the recommended beaches.