Taking a Tour of your Ship before the Wedding

WendyinOC

I did not know this so I thought I would pass it on to all of you future brides. I was married earlier this year on Carnival and even as a travel agent its not easy to visit a ship. So I have a bride who wanted a tour. I had told her only if us agents get an option to bring on group coordintors could this happened. Well I was wrong! If you call the wedding dept and ask they will make it happened! My future bride, her fiance, her parents and myself boarded the ship last weekend. We were able to tour the ship and see all the venues.

Here are some additional tips. The group coordinator was suppose to give us the tour but she was never told we boarded. So if I did not assit with the tour they would have been lost. It happened to be the same ship I was married on. :) If you decide to go bring your travel agent. They know how to get you access to the cabins etc.. If not bring a very good ship deck plan. You will need this to see it all. We were able to see everything including the suites. We had lunch and it was a really nice day.

I hope this helps. I know for me I was able to see my ship ahead a time. It's nice to see the venues. Congrats Everyone!

I would love to have a tour of the ship to see the venues. How did you make this happen? My ta is in Florida , myself and the ship are in Boston. Can you give me some ideas as to how to do this and how far in advance we can take the tour?

Are you a Carnival bride? If so just call TWE. They will set everything up for you. We are taking our tour 4 months in advance, but my ship just got to my port. It was in Europe. If your ship is already at your port they may be able to give you a tour even earlier. When you call they will ask for 2-3 dates in which you would be able to go. After a couple of days they email you which date worked for them.

This is such helpful information. I just emailed Carnival for information on how to set this up. Was there a cost associated with the tour? I know Royal Caribbean let's to set up a tour which include lunch for like $99, I think.

They didn't charge me and lunch is included with our tour. I don't know if they didn't charge because we have already paid for cruise and wedding, or if they just don't charge..

Are you a Carnival bride? If so just call TWE. They will set everything up for you. We are taking our tour 4 months in advance, but my ship just got to my port. It was in Europe. If your ship is already at your port they may be able to give you a tour even earlier. When you call they will ask for 2-3 dates in which you would be able to go. After a couple of days they email you which date worked for them.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything, but would you want to tour together? If you would be more comfortable emailing, mine is king1505 at hotmail dot com.

I would love to have a tour of the ship to see the venues. How did you make this happen? My ta is in Florida , myself and the ship are in Boston. Can you give me some ideas as to how to do this and how far in advance we can take the tour?

Just call the Wedding Dept to set it up. I would suggest to give them as much notice as possible. You don't need your TA, but if she was in the area I would have her come. As a TA I just had to call and they said Travel Partners are always welcomed. So they would not count as your 4 people.

No fee on Carnival, but I know other lines have a fee.

The key to a tour is to be focused. Study the decks. Know where your going and have an organized plan. Cabins first if you can get in.

Just call the Wedding Dept to set it up. I would suggest to give them as much notice as possible. You don't need your TA, but if she was in the area I would have her come. As a TA I just had to call and they said Travel Partners are always welcomed. So they would not count as your 4 people.

No fee on Carnival, but I know other lines have a fee.

The key to a tour is to be focused. Study the decks. Know where your going and have an organized plan. Cabins first if you can get in.

Thank you. This is soo great to know. I emailed the weddings dept. We have already reserved our cruise and wedding, so it should not be a problem. Our wedding is not until September so we have lots of time to be scheduled.

Is the person who conducts the tour affiliated with the wedding dept? or just an employee of carnival?

I am a Norwegian Bride. Any info on Norwegian Tours would be great.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything, but would you want to tour together? If you would be more comfortable emailing, mine is king1505 at hotmail dot com.

I wouldn't mind at all. We have our sets up for January 15th. Call and see if they can get you in that same day!

Thank you. This is soo great to know. I emailed the weddings dept. We have already reserved our cruise and wedding, so it should not be a problem. Our wedding is not until September so we have lots of time to be scheduled.

Is the person who conducts the tour affiliated with the wedding dept? or just an employee of carnival?

The onboard wedding coordinator gives the tour. This is good because she actually can explain to you how the weddings take place in each room.

I was told after the tour they let you wonder on your own. This gives you more time to figure the ship out a bit before the cruise!

The onboard wedding coordinator gives the tour. This is good because she actually can explain to you how the weddings take place in each room.

I was told after the tour they let you wonder on your own. This gives you more time to figure the ship out a bit before the cruise!

I'm guessing it has to be on a day when there isn't a wedding scheduled, so we wouldn't be able to see how the various venues are set up for weddings.

I wouldn't mind at all. We have our sets up for January 15th. Call and see if they can get you in that same day!

We have a wedding to go to that weekend :( Oh well. Have fun and let me know if you find anything strange that you think I should know.

• 1 month later...
Geeze, I actually e-mailed the department and asked for a tour. I was told I wasn't able to get a tour unless I booked first. >=( (For a tour of a Carnival ship in Baltimore.)

Yea Stakie,

I think this is for those that are already booked, as I'm booked for a tour of my boat in 3 weeks. (I'm soo excited).

I'm sure the cruise lines get bombared with questions on what everything looks like, so offering the tour to ease the mind of future brides is very helpful.

However, I think it's more of, "this is what you're paying for", type tour. Instead of a, "we offer these options if you book your wedding with us" tour.

You can always cancel if you don't like to boat.

I'm really interested in the tour, hoping there is a wedding that day, to get a better idea of how everything happen.

Nona

Geeze, I actually e-mailed the department and asked for a tour. I was told I wasn't able to get a tour unless I booked first. >=( (For a tour of a Carnival ship in Baltimore.)

I am scheduled to tour the Pride this Sunday and expect to take lots of photos of the various venues available.

You can also check out the review brklyn78 wrote of her tour of the pride:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1530311&highlight=pride+review

Yea Stakie,

I think this is for those that are already booked, as I'm booked for a tour of my boat in 3 weeks. (I'm soo excited).

I'm sure the cruise lines get bombared with questions on what everything looks like, so offering the tour to ease the mind of future brides is very helpful.

However, I think it's more of, "this is what you're paying for", type tour. Instead of a, "we offer these options if you book your wedding with us" tour.

You can always cancel if you don't like to boat.

I'm really interested in the tour, hoping there is a wedding that day, to get a better idea of how everything happen.

Nona

I think you have to cancel before 75 days before you event to get a full refund.

Archived