Liberty Souvenir Glasses

MissKIA

Looking at the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar menus, it says this:

souvenir glass $9.95

purchase your own fun souvenir glass and get 16oz. frozen favorites all cruise long

at the regular 12oz. price of $7.25.

Have any of you who have been on the Liberty since 2.0 bought this glass?

What kind of glass was it? Any pictures? I understand the "old" DOD glasses are no longer on the Liberty.

Could you use it at any bars on the ship or only at these bars?

When you buy this glass, does it include the first drink or are you just buying the glass and then you have to also pay for your first drink? (that would be stupid)

Looking at the Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar menus, it says this:

souvenir glass $9.95

purchase your own fun souvenir glass and get 16oz. frozen favorites all cruise long

at the regular 12oz. price of $7.25.

Have any of you who have been on the Liberty since 2.0 bought this glass?

What kind of glass was it? Any pictures? I understand the "old" DOD glasses are no longer on the Liberty.

Could you use it at any bars on the ship or only at these bars?

When you buy this glass, does it include the first drink or are you just buying the glass and then you have to also pay for your first drink? (that would be stupid)

I would really like to know also ...... so when you return from your cruise in a little over a month.....Please let us all know.

OceanDreams

There are sooo many different souvenir cups at those two bars...DH spent a fortune getting a drink in an awesome bamboo bottle! Anyway, the last night I had a conversation at the Red Frog with the bartender and asked him. The Souvenir glasses actually look a lot like twisty waterbottles with lids and a big straw. They come in several different colors. I got a orange for my Mango drink.

I'm gonna go try to take a picture of it so I can post it...

These pictures are VERY poor quality because they were taken on my old beat out Blackberry... I'm counting down the days until my contracts up on this POS... but here is the 16oz Souvenir cup that can be refilled at the 12 oz price...

IMG00362.jpg

I want to say they had 4 or 5 different colors.... orange, pink, green etc... IDK if you will be able to see it but around the top underneath the lid area is the work Carnival wrapped around the bottle.

This is the bamboo glass DH bought.. i love it but it was MUCH more expensive for less drink...

IMG00361.jpg

To answer some of the other questions by the OP.. the price included the first drink. I never had a chance to use it at another bar so IDK if I could...

I never saw any of the old DOD glasses on board at all. There were several different ceramic souvenir glasses that were a lot extra, closer to $20 for the drink... Tiki heads, parrots, bamboo etc... The 101oz beers were RIDICULOUS, and I never saw anyone with one....You can also buy the Red Frog beer glass for $4.00 (which we did)... that one doesn't come with the drink you have to fill it up separately..

Thank you for the reply!

I don't know if I like those. They are definitely nice to have on the lido around the pool, but I don't think I'd want to be drinking out of one of those in my formal wear. lol I'm sure I will get one though. I kind of want the old DOD glass. :o

Btw, are you still planning on doing a review of your last cruise?

They served drinks when we got on board in regular glasses that were not the old DOD glasses. I never saw the whale tail cups, which doesn't mean they didn't have them, just that I didn't see them. We do not drink a lot or hang out on the Lido much so I have no idea what the servers were coming around with except on the first day I got a rum punch while eating my Guy Fieri burger and it was in a plain glass....

These pictures are VERY poor quality because they were taken on my old beat out Blackberry... I'm counting down the days until my contracts up on this POS... but here is the 16oz Souvenir cup that can be refilled at the 12 oz price...

IMG00362.jpg

I want to say they had 4 or 5 different colors.... orange, pink, green etc... IDK if you will be able to see it but around the top underneath the lid area is the work Carnival wrapped around the bottle.

This is the bamboo glass DH bought.. i love it but it was MUCH more expensive for less drink...

IMG00361.jpg

To answer some of the other questions by the OP.. the price included the first drink. I never had a chance to use it at another bar so IDK if I could...

I never saw any of the old DOD glasses on board at all. There were several different ceramic souvenir glasses that were a lot extra, closer to $20 for the drink... Tiki heads, parrots, bamboo etc... The 101oz beers were RIDICULOUS, and I never saw anyone with one....You can also buy the Red Frog beer glass for $4.00 (which we did)... that one doesn't come with the drink you have to fill it up separately..

Don't worry about the quality of the photo's ...... it's just great to finally see what everyone has been talking about. Now I can get excited about getting a couple of them. It's been a few years since I've been on a Carnival ship and I was worried they would have the same boring DOD glasses.

Thanks for sharing!

OceanDreams

Archived