iPhone Apps for Cruisers

skydog802

I'm wondering if anyone has used some mobile apps, more specifically for the iPhone to help manage their cruise experience. I have a couple of apps called Ship Mate and Cruise Finder, and would love to know if there are others. I'm sailing for the first time this April on the Miracle and I would like to keep an on-going journal to keep track of my trip and activities, as well as have a useful tool to help me find locations on the ship, etc.

Thanks.

Tapatalk. It doesn't assist with cruises, per se....but it does make using this forum easier.

I have Tapatalk and use it from time to time but that app helps to keep track of this forum. I won't be using it while on-board due to the high roaming charges.

I just use shipmate on my IPhone. Pretty nifty!

Ship mate is my favorite at the moment! I also use Tripit to keep up with reservations and such.

Anything specific you use Shipmate for or the things you do with it. Will the maps and such within it work offline while on-board?

I've used TripIt for air travels, hotels, etc. Pretty neat app.

If you also have an Android device Ship Mate seems to be free for them...

I have it on my iPhone, its 'ok' ... however it does not have all the bits of cruise I am on, rather it lists a cruise that does not exist for some parts... which is a bit of a shame...

From something I posted recently on another thread:

I have Ship Mate for HAL and I can't recommend it to any one. First, I'm not a fan of iPhone only apps on my iPad, but I decided to give it a try anyway. The itinerary was wrong for my recent cruise, so I'd written it off as worthless. After reading here that it had again been recommended, and since there was a recent update, I checked on our next cruise. Again the itinerary is wrong. When they can't get published information correct, why should I believe anything there?

Archived