Anyone just off Summit - reviews/photos??

librarylady19

Check out Flickr for some images after the 'Solsticizing' of Summit...

Cabin here with flat screen TV, new bedding, upholstery, carpeting and drapery etc. (probably Aqua-class or just a Veranda):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/6833206617/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/6833207995/in/photostream

Whole set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/sets/72157629210653339/

From another post:

"aseligman

February 11th, 2012 @ 12:05 am

I was on the first Summit sailing post-refurbishment, and I thought the cruise was spectacular.

The ship looked great. The public areas and cabins were very nice, and the food mostly ranged from very good to excellent.

You could still see some work needed to be done — like the basketball court not being finished — if you looked hard enough, but it was no big deal.

There was plenty to do onboard."

I too am waiting for more photos. I've seen people post here after their trip post-drydock, but still waiting for someone to post a photo.

Thanks for posting...don't know how I missed these! Like the new soft furnishings. More please!!!

I missed these pictures as well. Thank you trubadur for posting.

To Trubadur -

Your "beer collection" is fun. We have done wine collections for years - why did I never do a beer group? We are leaving for a land based beer tour in Brussels next week - you're my photography inspiration.

Where is the link to this please. We want to do Belgium next fall for our 10th anniversary. Do let me know how it was!

• 2 weeks later...
Check out Flickr for some images after the 'Solsticizing' of Summit...

Cabin here with flat screen TV, new bedding, upholstery, carpeting and drapery etc. (probably Aqua-class or just a Veranda):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/6833206617/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/6833207995/in/photostream

Whole set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajmagnani/sets/72157629210653339/

From another post:

"aseligman

February 11th, 2012 @ 12:05 am

I was on the first Summit sailing post-refurbishment, and I thought the cruise was spectacular.

The ship looked great. The public areas and cabins were very nice, and the food mostly ranged from very good to excellent.

You could still see some work needed to be done — like the basketball court not being finished — if you looked hard enough, but it was no big deal.

There was plenty to do onboard."

These photos are great. Still trying to decide if I want to upgrade my aqua class stateroom from deck 9 to deck 11. Concerned about pool deck noise in the late evening/very early morning. Has anyone stayed in either of these stateroom categories that can share their experience? We are on the 3/10/12 sailing.

Thanks,

Michele

These photos are great. Still trying to decide if I want to upgrade my aqua class stateroom from deck 9 to deck 11. Concerned about pool deck noise in the late evening/very early morning. Has anyone stayed in either of these stateroom categories that can share their experience? We are on the 3/10/12 sailing.

Thanks,

Michele

We made the move from deck 9 to 11 just yesterday for the same reason. I read a comment from a recent pax who sailed post refurb who had only good things to say about the side AQ deck 11 cabins. I've also read a comment about noise from the basketball courts above, so we chose one away from this area. Also, if you are sensitive to smoke, you might want to select a starboard cabin as one person said that smoke from the smokers on the aft cafe was drifting to the Aqua cabins on the deck 11 side. These are only comments I've read, of course. But I'm hoping deck 11 will be brighter, quieter, and the best choice for us. Looking forward to your pictures and review as we sail on 3/31/12!

We made the move from deck 9 to 11 just yesterday for the same reason. I read a comment from a recent pax who sailed post refurb who had only good things to say about the side AQ deck 11 cabins. I've also read a comment about noise from the basketball courts above, so we chose one away from this area. Also, if you are sensitive to smoke, you might want to select a starboard cabin as one person said that smoke from the smokers on the aft cafe was drifting to the Aqua cabins on the deck 11 side. These are only comments I've read, of course. But I'm hoping deck 11 will be brighter, quieter, and the best choice for us. Looking forward to your pictures and review as we sail on 3/31/12!

basketball court is on deck 12, but in the center - no where near any of the AQ cabins...

we've rebooked deck 11 - only aft this time - hoping to hear music from the aft bar from the balcony:-)

it'd be hard to smell smoke upstairs and upwind from the aft bar...

only been home a week and already counting the days!

basketball court is on deck 12, but in the center - no where near any of the AQ cabins...

we've rebooked deck 11 - only aft this time - hoping to hear music from the aft bar from the balcony:-)

it'd be hard to smell smoke upstairs and upwind from the aft bar...

only been home a week and already counting the days!

Thanks so much for your feedback. There is one aft cabin that opened up on deck 11, and I was considering it, for the aft view, but Brian, my husband, is worried about late evening noise. On your recent cruise was your cabin port or starboard? I read you were adjacent to the pool deck.

Thanks,

Michele

Still contemplating the change. Several cabins (13) still available in deck 11. Hoping the price will go down. Probably will upgrade regardless. So looking forward to this cruise and yes will post some photos.

Archived