Liberty of the Seas AFT cabin recommendations

island284

I've read so much about aft cabins but didn't pay too much attention to what I read since none were ever available. Now some are.

Balcony size is important to us and one that would sleep 3 people. We don't mind the long walk to the cabin. Size is important.

Those of you who have stayed in these cabins on the Liberty - would you make suggestions? It seems to me the deck is important in making a decision.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences.

Island284

hmm well finally someone has asked about 7414... there's little to no information on CC or the web about Liberty 7414 since I did my research for the last 6 months but luckily for you I had this room for 9 nights last month ;)

Room - awesome size, sofa bed is horrible (aren't they all!) without doing some adjustments if it's an adult using it. Using the sofa bed as they make it will leave you with a really sore back so get under the big bed and get out all the extra comforters etc and put them on it. It's NOT made for an adult (i'm 5'6 and when laying on it the 'normal' way left my ankles hanging over the edge so I slept diagonally... even once slept out on the balcony!

Please ignore the mess - the inside pics were taken on turn around day so we have already 'lived' there for 4/5 days lol

Balcony - HUGE... will have 2 loungers, 2 uprights and a small pretty useless table (will hold a beverage or two easily ;) ) wasn't very sunny there though so if you're planning on avoiding the pool deck for tanning on the balcony... won't work unless you put your chair right up next to the railing... exhibit A lol

Straight out

6778568968_3b9795e217_z.jpg

From the balcony:

6778571546_1d2cef3c35_z.jpg

From the entryway: (excellent suitcase storage against the non-movable patio door.. and note all my extra bedding on the sofa bed)

6924689151_ef8b641115_z.jpg

Awkward closet to photograph:

6778572144_b894737697_z.jpg

Bathroom was larger than typical with lots of floor space and a tub - no pics sorry. Had PLENTY of storage for 3 adults travelling for 2 weeks - don't think we even used any of the shelves behind the side mirrors on the desk.

7414 is a Junior Suite. 287 sq. ft. 7408 is an E1 which is 189 sq. ft. While the JS is a larger cabin, the aft E1 is a corner aft and comes with a huge balcony. The aft JS has a deeper balcony than standard side JS balcony. If cabin size is important, then 7414 is a great choice.Plus you get double points for the JS, which is always nice.:D Just remember, once you go aft, it's hard to go back.;)

To the left (FYI: perfect spot for the Royal Caribbean non-excursion Running of the Drunks in Cozumel):

6924688299_7cae5130c4_z.jpg

To the right:

6778570632_d561a5e02d_z.jpg

Although the superstructure looks very intimidating honestly after a few minutes you barely even notice it... something VERY relaxing about sitting there and watching the wake :) (I think that's what happened the night I slept out there lol)

You may have read about soot on the aft balconies... never had any although the Royal Suite (?) below us did - their balcony floor was FILTHY... saw the older guy walking around in just a towel and socks one day :eek: (still traumatized!) and when he put his feet up they were black on the bottoms!

Archived