Beverage package question

CruisinNana

I just can't seem to figure out which beverage package(s) covers the specialty coffees. I enjoy a glass of wine and possibly a martini occasionally, but I will definitely visit the coffee bar once or twice a day or even more per day.

I also can't find a price list for the specialty coffees.

Thanks!

I just can't seem to figure out which beverage package(s) covers the specialty coffees. I enjoy a glass of wine and possibly a martini occasionally, but I will definitely visit the coffee bar once or twice a day or even more per day.

I also can't find a price list for the specialty coffees.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is the Non-Alcoholic Premium package, check it out on their website.

What do you consider a specialty coffee? If you're talking about espresso, cappuccino, latte, and americano then Celebrity calls these premium coffees and they are covered by both the classic and premium packages.

A menu with prices is included on Celebrity's new website here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

But you need to click "espresso" on the top of the menu at the lower right side of the page to see it.

After years of having an FAQ that did not match practice on the ship on the difference between specialty coffee and premium coffee (with specialty coffee only available on the Premium packages), Celebrity has finally revised the FAQ on the subject: http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4044&faqSubjectId=358

What do you consider a specialty coffee? If you're talking about espresso, cappuccino, latte, and americano then Celebrity calls these premium coffees and they are covered by both the classic and premium packages.

After years of having an FAQ that did not match practice on the ship on the difference between specialty coffee and premium coffee (with specialty coffee only available on the Premium packages), Celebrity has finally revised the FAQ on the subject: http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4044&faqSubjectId=358

That's a bummer. I paid for the classic non alcoholic based on the "old" FAQ description. I bought the package when it was 10% off so I won't bother with upgrading to premium at this point. But I had hoped to get flavored coffees. Guess I will save myself a few hundred calories a day and make the best of it.

That's a bummer. I paid for the classic non alcoholic based on the "old" FAQ description. I bought the package when it was 10% off so I won't bother with upgrading to premium at this point. But I had hoped to get flavored coffees. Guess I will save myself a few hundred calories a day and make the best of it.

Ash you'd be surprised at what actually flies on the ship. As LSimon alluded to, there is a difference between the practice on the ships and the Celebrity website explanations. If you are looking for coffeee with a quirt of hazelnut you mayy get it..... It seems crazy that you can get a Latte (which is much more expensive to make) and you can't get a squirt of flavor....... If I were you I'd try........

Ash you'd be surprised at what actually flies on the ship. As LSimon alluded to, there is a difference between the practice on the ships and the Celebrity website explanations. If you are looking for coffeee with a quirt of hazelnut you mayy get it..... It seems crazy that you can get a Latte (which is much more expensive to make) and you can't get a squirt of flavor....... If I were you I'd try........

Thanks Lady. It certainly wouldn't ruin my trip. I will give it a whirl and see what comes of it. My usual drink is a Caramel Macchiato which is the same price as a Cappuccino so maybe if I am really nice they'll be kind in return. ;)

A menu with prices is included on Celebrity's new website here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

But you need to click "espresso" on the top of the menu at the lower right side of the page to see it.

Hi All,

For sure the latest version of the Celebrity Website is an improvement... but I am still not 100% with this current wording / explanation.

As I understood it when aboard the ship... flavoured coffees (like a Caramel Macchiato) fell into the "Premium Coffees"

And those with booze in them were regarded as the "Specialty Coffees" (this is also the corresponding terminology that is used in the Bartending Industry)

And I did intentionally ask a lot of Questions, because at the time there was so little detailed info here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD about these Packages

So... CHERYLROSLYN as stated by ASHMAC8 chances are really good that you'll still be good to go.

I had a Caramel Macchiato myself (yummy) but as I was on the Premium Package unfortunately I have no paper-trail to give you further info.

*NOTE - "Flavoured Shots" on the Celebrity Website are listed at 50 cents per shot.

Alcohol is considerably MORE Expensive, so would explain the difference as to why "Specialty Coffees" appear in the Premium Alcohol Packages but not in the Classic Alcohol Packages.

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful,

Cheers!

Thanks, this was very helpful!

Nana

Archived