Royal Connect (iphones) on Oasis

Has anyone rented these onboard??

What can they do?

Is it worth it?

I will be traveling with my 2 kids, I was told that you can track your kids with the phones. That would be my reason to get them. Yes I know that I can goto customer service and they can tell me where they are also.

Just got back from Allure, where I rented 2 of them. I assume it is the same on oasis. I traveled with a group of 9 (three kids of mine included .. 9/6/4). The phones are $25 each for the week, and they gave me a charger as well.

You can use them to call back and forth, you can also use them to call a room number, and you can give your number to the adventure ocean people if you choose.

Honestly, we did not use them much, as we were all together most of the time, but they were handy to have just in case we needed to meet up. I forgot to give the AO people our number, so they did not get used for that.

If I had older kids who I let roam the ship (we did not for our little ones), I think the phones would have been really handy.

One downside - they rang a couple times EARLY in the morning by people who had called a wrong number.

If you decide to get them, get them early, as they go fast.

Just got back from Allure, where I rented 2 of them. I assume it is the same on oasis. I traveled with a group of 9 (three kids of mine included .. 9/6/4). The phones are $25 each for the week, and they gave me a charger as well.

You can use them to call back and forth, you can also use them to call a room number, and you can give your number to the adventure ocean people if you choose.

Honestly, we did not use them much, as we were all together most of the time, but they were handy to have just in case we needed to meet up. I forgot to give the AO people our number, so they did not get used for that.

If I had older kids who I let roam the ship (we did not for our little ones), I think the phones would have been really handy.

Thank you very much. I thought I saw somewhere $12 each for the week. But no matter.

I will have to talk to the DW about it, to see if it is worth it.

One downside - they rang a couple times EARLY in the morning by people who had called a wrong number.

Than you very much. I will talk to my wife to see if we want to do it. I know that they go fast.

Is there a child locator app on the phone? I was told that kids get a location bracelet that they wear on the ship and the phone can be used to locate them.

Thank you so much for the information!!! I am looking forward to it!

Archived