Colon and Free Wifi

ME Guide

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity and wanted to share that we were able to access free wifi from our FV on the ship.

There is a national wifi system that asks you a few questions. We made up the answers including a name (ha! we used Luis Chavez) and added +11 to our made up telephone number. It is high speed and we did not even have to leave the ship!

Happy Cruising and I hope this helps someone connect with family and friends.

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity and wanted to share that we were able to access free wifi from our FV on the ship.

There is a national wifi system that asks you a few questions. We made up the answers including a name (ha! we used Luis Chavez) and added +11 to our made up telephone number. It is high speed and we did not even have to leave the ship!

Happy Cruising and I hope this helps someone connect with family and friends.

Thx for the tip MeGuide. What is an "FV"?

Glad to be of help. We had a Family Veranda on deck 7. We were one of the lucky ones to secure this larger room a year in advance for just the two of us. The signal was strong while we were in port so I am sure you will be able to access it from several places on the port side at least.

If you ask the crew, they usually know the best places for wifi in port. In Costa Rica, we asked a uniformed officer and he told us to walk up (towards the left) two blocks and turn and we found an internet cafe that had AC. It was just a hole in the wall type of place, about two dozen computers (we had our own) and it was a buck for an hour! Can not beat that for sure. We were not interested in going any further and the area did look a bit sketchy. I would stay with ship tours in most places.

Happy Cruising

• 4 months later...

Archived