husband and I are both platinum

njsonja

we each get a free dinner at Le Bistro and then we are doing a bundle package which includes the Bistro as well.....3x on one cruise? is there a way to go a different specialty restaurant even if there is a price difference?

thanks so much...

sonja

When you are onboard you may request at the Reservations Desk if it is possible to use one of you Platinum certificates at a different venue. There is no guarantee that you will be permitted, as it is at the discretion of the staff currently onboard. ;)

If you have any trouble doing this with the Reservations Desk, call the Concierge for assistance.

If you still get no where, contact the Hotel Director.

What you are trying to do is an extremely simple thing to accomplish from NCLs perspective.

I emailed and asked, my pcc said that the platinum dinner is worth $15. If you go anywhere that is more, you pay the difference. Sounds good to me.

Thats exactly what it said on our last set of dinner certs..;)

Each ship sets it's own policy on your Le Bistro benefit. Some allow an equal substitute, some don't. Some allow you to pay the difference on an upgrade, some don't. The only way you will know is to read your certificate once you receive it in your platinum envelope.

Corporate is now calling more of the shots than they used to. Much less discretion on board these days.

When you are onboard you may request at the Reservations Desk if it is possible to use one of you Platinum certificates at a different venue. There is no guarantee that you will be permitted, as it is at the discretion of the staff currently onboard. ;)

Hi WaldosPepper,

Nice to see you here!:)

Just back from Jewel 12 nighter and you do not have to go to the desk or anything like that for permission to "transfer" from Le Bistro to another specialty. Written right on the "Dinner on Us" voucher is the ability to use at Italian and Asian. It states that it cannot be used at a restaurant with a charge of more than 20 dlrs (those two are 15). I don't know if that means it could be used at Moderno which is right at 20. One could check with the Cruise Consultant whose number is on the cover letter accompanying the platinum coupons.

If you are doing the 3 restaurant bundle you would be better off canceling the bundle and choosing the 3 restaurants that you actually want vs paying the difference between $15 credit and specialty restaurant price

Hi WaldosPepper' date='

Nice to see you here!:)

Just back from Jewel 12 nighter and you do not have to go to the desk or anything like that for permission to "transfer" from Le Bistro to another specialty. Written right on the "Dinner on Us" voucher is the ability to use at Italian and Asian. It states that it cannot be used at a restaurant with a charge of more than 20 dlrs (those two are 15). I don't know if that means it could be used at Moderno which is right at 20. One could check with the Cruise Consultant whose number is on the cover letter accompanying the platinum coupons.[/quote']

Hi Barb!!!!! :D

Thanks for that detailed info! Hopefully this will become consistent across the fleet. Hope you had a fabulous trip!

I have cruised 5 times on three different NCL ships in the last 12 months so I think my info is pretty current. However, anything can change on any given day.

Just returned yesterday from a 12 day . . . "Comes from corporate, we can't change it" or words to that effect was a common theme when discussing most of the things that happened at an officer's discretion in the past. It was often followed with " we are public now." Of course ymmv . . .

Just returned yesterday from a 12 day . . . "Comes from corporate, we can't change it" or words to that effect was a common theme when discussing most of the things that happened at an officer's discretion in the past. It was often followed with " we are public now." Of course ymmv . . .

Will be on a B2B in 13 days, so I guess I will get some updated info.

Archived