Rome transportation from Airport

:o Can anyone tell me how far it is and how to get from the Rome FCO Airport to the train station that we has the train to Civitavecchia? We fly into Rome FCO at 10:30 AM on Friday.

:confused:

Rome has an express that runs directly from the Airport to Termini (the main station). It runs every 30 minutes (I think) for 9 euro...credit cards accepted.

I think from the Termini, you can catch the local train to the port (I can't spell the darn town!).

To safe two of us from running around with, we booked a car at http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/ from FCO to our Rome hotel for 35,00 euro, including our 3 pc. of check-in luggages. We'll be greeted at the airport arrival hall.

To go from Rome main terminal to the pier, we'll take the train instead http://www.trenitalia.com/home/en/index.html at 6,40 euro each.

Hope this help.

Once you arrive off the train in Civitavecchia from Termini you will need a taxi to the pier. It's far enough that you aren't going to want to walk with luggage, and if my recollection is correct the pier itself is a pretty good walk.

Is it true that taxi at Civitavecchia train station can get us to the port entrance only? And from there if the port shuttle is not around to pick us up, the walk with the luggages to the port terminal is not pleasant.

Archived