Hilton Long Beach

Any of you familiar with the Long Beach Hilton.

We wont have a car. Is there anything to see and do

around that area? We want to purchase soda , water

and wine. Is there anything close with in walking distance?

DH also just found the Double Tree hotel Maya.

Those would be are two options.

Any info on the two?

Thanks ;)

Any of you familiar with the Long Beach Hilton.

We wont have a car. Is there anything to see and do

around that area? We want to purchase soda , water

and wine. Is there anything close with in walking distance?

DH also just found the Double Tree hotel Maya.

Those would be are two options.

Any info on the two?

Thanks ;)

I take it you want to stay at a Hilton product due to points or something?

Both the Hilton and the Maya Doubletree are on my "short list" of hotels in Long Beach...both in the "second tier", so to speak...

My first tier would be the Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance and Hyatt at the Pike...those four are the nicest hotels...and the best located--right in the heart of everything...

The Hilton is a step down for a couple of reasons...First, I don't think it's quite as nice...still nice, but just not as nice...but more important is its slightly less convenient location...it's on Ocean, but sort of at the Western edge of Downtown...The free Passport bus passes right by, but doesn't stop there...so you have to walk about six to eight blocks to get to most of the restaurants, shops, and sights...or even to catch the Passport--for which the closest stops are at the Aquarium or at First and Pine...

The Maya Doubletree is on the other side of the main channel from most of the shops and restaurants on the Downtown side...BUT it is close to the Queen Mary and to the Carnival Pier...which are both on that side of the channel...AND, there IS a Passport stop right in front of the Maya...

You can take the Passport up to the Walmart and the Albertson's supermarket...

I take it you want to stay at a Hilton product due to points or something?

Both the Hilton and the Maya Doubletree are on my "short list" of hotels in Long Beach...both in the "second tier", so to speak...

My first tier would be the Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance and Hyatt at the Pike...those four are the nicest hotels...and the best located--right in the heart of everything...

The Hilton is a step down for a couple of reasons...First, I don't think it's quite as nice...still nice, but just not as nice...but more important is its slightly less convenient location...it's on Ocean, but sort of at the Western edge of Downtown...The free Passport bus passes right by, but doesn't stop there...so you have to walk about six to eight blocks to get to most of the restaurants, shops, and sights...or even to catch the Passport--for which the closest stops are at the Aquarium or at First and Pine...

The Maya Doubletree is on the other side of the main channel from most of the shops and restaurants on the Downtown side...BUT it is close to the Queen Mary and to the Carnival Pier...which are both on that side of the channel...AND, there IS a Passport stop right in front of the Maya...

You can take the Passport up to the Walmart and the Albertson's supermarket...

Thank you so much for all the info you have giving on west coast flights

and Hotels. You have a wealth of info on WC. I appreciate it VERY

much.

Yes we do have Hilton points. We have decided to stay at the Maya.

Thank you so much for all the info you have giving on west coast flights

and Hotels. You have a wealth of info on WC. I appreciate it VERY

much.

Yes we do have Hilton points. We have decided to stay at the Maya.

We have stayed at both (more at the Maya). The LB Hilton is a typical hi-rise hotel and not very close to anything. The Maya is near the Queen Mary and the Carnival pier (some rooms have a view of the ship). The Maya is more spreadout, not hi-rise (separate 4-story buildings of rooms). It used to be the Coast Hotel (we liked it better then), but has been re-done and is nice, but the rooms are very noisy (they provide ear plugs tho). You can walk over to the QM for dinner or take the bus around also. Don't forget to use the Carnival corporate code 0560018220 for the cheapest rate. Looks like you're on the Miracle right before we are, take good care of her!

We have stayed at both (more at the Maya). The LB Hilton is a typical hi-rise hotel and not very close to anything. The Maya is near the Queen Mary and the Carnival pier (some rooms have a view of the ship). The Maya is more spreadout, not hi-rise (separate 4-story buildings of rooms). It used to be the Coast Hotel (we liked it better then), but has been re-done and is nice, but the rooms are very noisy (they provide ear plugs tho). You can walk over to the QM for dinner or take the bus around also. Don't forget to use the Carnival corporate code 0560018220 for the cheapest rate. Looks like you're on the Miracle right before we are, take good care of her!

Yeah we get off and you get on...

Thanks for the info. What is the best building at the Maya?

I would LOVE a view of the Queen Mary and our ship pulling

into port. If you have any suggestion let me know and I will request

it. Any suggestions on restaurants for dinner?

The QM is about 1 mile from the Maya. The Passport C bus stops at both the Maya and the QM.

It's not really that far if you walk along the water, we've done it several times, takes 15 mins.

Yeah we get off and you get on...

Thanks for the info. What is the best building at the Maya?

I would LOVE a view of the Queen Mary and our ship pulling

into port. If you have any suggestion let me know and I will request

it. Any suggestions on restaurants for dinner?

I can't remember the building numbers, but all but one building have rooms facing that way. Each building is 'round' so has rooms on all sides. The last time we stayed there we were right next to the main building and consequently the open bar. The a/c in the room wasn't working that well, so we opened the slider and it was loud all night. But for most of our stays the noise has come from the 'atrium' of the building which is open air, lots of plants, open cement walkways and people yelling (echoing) there and slamming doors etc. They did tell us last time that they were working on quieter closing doors and some carpets, etc., we'll see. We continue to stay there tho, it's the perfect location and the Carnival prices are great (we leave a car there for the week). We usually walk over to the QM and eat in the casual restaurant there after a visit to the bar. I think the Maya restaurant is nice, but it's way out of our budget.

Archived