New Celebrity Visa Card

FLACRUISER99

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?&pagename=celebrity_credit_card

You can now use your RCI BOA Credit card rewards on "X" or get a new card.

Most convoluted rewards document ever, when it could all be summed up as “Get 1% Rewards on every dollar spent and 2% rewards on RCI purchases.” plus a couple of nifty bonuses.

The best two cards out there are Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards, and Capital One® VentureSM Rewards Credit Card where you get 2% back on EVERY dollar spent....Not just 2% on groceries or 3% on gas purchases and 1% on everything else, but 2% on everything!

I don’t see any other benefits from the Celebrity card that would make it worthy over better double points cards.

Most convoluted rewards document ever, when it could all be summed up as “Get 1% Rewards on every dollar spent and 2% rewards on RCI purchases.” plus a couple of nifty bonuses.

The best two cards out there are Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards, and Capital One® VentureSM Rewards Credit Card where you get 2% back on EVERY dollar spent....Not just 2% on groceries or 3% on gas purchases and 1% on everything else, but 2% on everything!

I don’t see any other benefits from the Celebrity card that would make it worthy over better double points cards.

Yes the Celebrity Card has limited and adjustable amounts on different types of purchases.

Thanks for the heads up on the 2 other Credit Card programs.

From the BOA info page:

" The signup bonus is a pitiful 5,000 points. The rewards rate is 3 points per dollar spent on travel booked through BofA and 1.5 points per dollar spent everywhere else.

From the BOA info page:

" The signup bonus is a pitiful 5,000 points. The rewards rate is 3 points per dollar spent on travel booked through BofA and 1.5 points per dollar spent everywhere else.

That's a different card (slight change in wording) than I was referring to. Here's the link to the "Privleges with Travel Rewards".

And yes, the Capital One card (and even the Celebrity Card) have better sign-up bonuses.

10,000 bonus points on first purchase?

10,000 bonus points on first purchase?

The Venture Rewards card has the same thing after 1,000 in purchases. Not significant enough to take a 1% hit on most of your purchases.

Earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, equal to $100 in travel

Redeem your miles for any travel expense

That's a different card (slight change in wording) than I was referring to. Here's the link to the "Privleges with Travel Rewards".

And yes, the Capital One card (and even the Celebrity Card) have better sign-up bonuses.

Top right of the front pg, still says you 'Have to book thru BOA for the 3 points"

Top right of the front pg, still says you 'Have to book thru BOA for the 3 points"

Correct, all you are doing is pointing out that in addition to two points for all purchases, you can get an additional 1 (for a total of 3) if you use their lame travel site.

The no fee and 2X points with the RCCL or Celebrity card is thru BOA and pretty much the same deal, is all I was sayin.

Not really.

If you spend 100,000 / year using the RCCL card, 10,000 of which is RCCL expenses, you’ll get 1X90,000 in rewards + 2X10,000 in rewards for an annual total of 110,000 points (or $1,100 in value).

With a card that has double rewards on all purchases, you’ll be getting 2X100,000 = 200,000 in annual rewards, which comes out to $2,000 in benefit.

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be pushing a certain card or anything. It’s just that when you do the math, some cards out there are better and some are worse. I’m simply highlighting to a crowd of loyalists two with more lucrative rewards. I understand that some cards (like the Citi Delta card) offer intangible benefits, like priority boarding or seat assignments, which may make taking lower benefits worth it to some people. But reading through the Celebrity documentation, I didn’t see any of those intangible benefits here.

What has made it just so-so, is that until 8-30-13 you could only get OBC on RCCL with your RCCL points, no cross over with the other 2 lines, and Celebrity has not had a branded card for a few yr's. Now the point from any in the family can be used on any of the 3 lines. So our final is not due till 9/2, so I use the RCCL card I already have, and get some OBC on Celebrity.

Looks like new people who get the card will be subject to a 1099 for the bonus 10000 pts.

"Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice. "

We have a AAA Visa card through BofA that gives 3% cash back on ALL grocery store and travel purchases. Travel purchases can be made any way you want - your TA, directly w/ cruise line / hotel / airline, etc.

Must be a AAA member.....

Works great for me since the majority of our annual spending is for travel:)

Looks like new people who get the card will be subject to a 1099 for the bonus 10000 pts.

"Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice. "

I think this is going to be standard wording on all Credit card rewards programs.

Archived