At the Inspiration now...what a mess!

SoCalKJ

This might be the first time that waiting to arrive might've been more optimal. There's a huge wedding party...at least 100 people...and another huge group in the boarding zone line...and the rest of us are waiting in an entirely different line to just get room keys. Usually by now, we'd be stuffed from the Lido buffet, but today is an entirely different game. Already met a crabby guest relations associate when politely asking where we go if we're not part of the big parties. Hmmmm...my prayer is that this early mayhem is all the headache we have to deal with for the rest of the weekend.

Good news: when I get home, my injured car will be ready. 3u3epuzu.jpg

This might be the first time that waiting to arrive might've been more optimal. There's a huge wedding party...at least 100 people...and another huge group in the boarding zone line...and the rest of us are waiting in an entirely different line to just get room keys. Usually by now, we'd be stuffed from the Lido buffet, but today is an entirely different game. Already met a crabby guest relations associate when politely asking where we go if we're not part of the big parties. Hmmmm...my prayer is that this early mayhem is all the headache we have to deal with for the rest of the weekend.

Good news: when I get home, my injured car will be ready. 3u3epuzu.jpg

We stood in the CHECKIN line in LA for 4 hrs on the Splendor South American cruise in February. Not a fun way to begin a cruise.

So sorry for your delay. Reminds me of an Inspiraiton cruise in Tampa. There were dozens of people seated in the VIP waiting area, one obviously a wedding party with about 60 guests all dressed in nice evening clothes who were first to board.

Another big group, none of whom had any carry ons, were wearing jeans, plaid shirts with madras shorts, unshaven men with long hair in pony tails and women in scuffed up heels. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then they called for the second wedding party and this group all boarded!

You could see the eyes of all the rest of the VIP's go up! Priceless!

Enjoy your cruise!

So far Long Beach has won my award for my least favorite port to leave from. That's the part of my cruise that I'm not looking forward to for my Hawaii trip next April.

As a Platinum, you should not have much trouble. Granted, the more VIPs there are the harder it will be, but I have sailed out of that port many times since being Platinum and never had a problem. In fact, my sister and I were on the Inspiration on Labor Day weekend and we were on the Lido deck (after dropping carry ons at the cabin) less than 20 minutes after dropping our luggage with the porters (and that time includes parking the truck...). We arrived just a few minutes after noon on a Friday.

I doubt we will have to contend with a 100 person wedding party loading before us... :)

Bob

We're on now...just seemed different today. Must've been the large parties that delayed us.

Another change: they take your picture when you get your S&S card at the check-in counter and not right before you "walk the plank" between the dome and the ship.

We were delayed once at LB because an elderly couple decided to leave the ship on the sea day.:eek: The ship personnel and FBI were onboard searching for the couple. We were all stuck in the dome from noon to about 3pm. They were not allowed to bring food off the ship (this is now why we bring some granola bars). After about 2 hours they finally brought water and lemonade for us in line. The port personnel didn't tell us (or didn't know) what the delay was. We found out once we were onboard.

So far Long Beach has won my award for my least favorite port to leave from. That's the part of my cruise that I'm not looking forward to for my Hawaii trip next April.

We cruised out of LB in January. It was the longest check in process we have had to date. It seemed organized, but long. Just one big long line after another, no groups or anything.:rolleyes:

All is well now. I had a bite of the goat-cheese pizza, small salad, turkey wrap and most of an eggplant parmesan. I filled my carry-on cold bottle with ice tea, sat in the hot tub and am now resting my brain on the Serenity Deck. If I can just stay in this moment, I'll be fine. namy2ama.jpg

All is well now. I had a bite of the goat-cheese pizza, small salad, turkey wrap and most of an eggplant parmesan. I filled my carry-on cold bottle with ice tea, sat in the hot tub and am now resting my brain on the Serenity Deck. If I can just stay in this moment, I'll be fine. namy2ama.jpg

Nice view!!

It's an amazing day...in every way. Granted, life happens (pre-cruise fender-benders, everyday trials and nonsense), but this makes it all worth it. I know everyone reading this has either been on a cruise or is counting down the days to the next one, so I know you all appreciate this moment, when you exhale and realize that this moment is the best one and I get to appreciate this for the next 3 days!

Meanwhile, DH is already stinkin' up the stateroom!!! I haven't even been in it yet: I'm enjoying Serenity too much!!emy8yzu4.jpg

Another big group, none of whom had any carry ons, were wearing jeans, plaid shirts with madras shorts, unshaven men with long hair in pony tails and women in scuffed up heels. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

That sounds like a group of travel agents that were there for a familiarization a.k.a "fam" tour of the ship. ;)

It is a long haul through that building to get to the ship. So weird you check in at the Queen Mary and walk through that large building. I guess they needed to make it so big to hold the Spruce Goose....

Your on board now , enjoy your cruise.:D

Yep, it was built for the Spruce Goose. But the check-in for the longer cruises (i.e. Miracle) is at counters right outside the dome and the VIP building, different than the shorter cruises.

It's an amazing day...in every way. Granted, life happens (pre-cruise fender-benders, everyday trials and nonsense), but this makes it all worth it. I know everyone reading this has either been on a cruise or is counting down the days to the next one, so I know you all appreciate this moment, when you exhale and realize that this moment is the best one and I get to appreciate this for the next 3 days!

Meanwhile, DH is already stinkin' up the stateroom!!! I haven't even been in it yet: I'm enjoying Serenity too much!!emy8yzu4.jpg

Glad you are already starting to relax. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived