Q&A - Just back Oasis B2B - Ask away!

Hi everyone!

DW and I just returned last night from B2B on Oasis (5/10 & 5/17). I have pristine copies of all compasses and paperwork received during both weeks, along with over 10 pages of daily notes and over 1700 pictures and movies. Expect a super-detailed, double-length trip report in the next couple of weeks - I will link to it here.

However - and with the obvious understanding that every cruise is different - if anyone has any questions about anything we may have experienced, please post here and I will do my best to answer questions. Things like:

- How B2B worked for us

- How a Cabana at Nellie's Beach worked

- How was our Boardwalk Balcony (9th floor) was

- How the Royal Replenish package worked

- How the "new" specialty dining packages are handled

- How did luggage valet combined with a Florida excursion on departure day worked

- Anything else you can think of! :)

Be happy to help in any way I can, but please remember: this will be based on info from the Oasis during our cruise. Things can change, but I will be as exact and as detailed as possible.

Fire away!

Look forward to full review

I do have a question regarding the Royal Replenishment package

My daughter likes to indulge in non- alcoholic cocktails (mango papaya crush)

Seen lots of threads on this, but would like an experienced and up to date answer.

Liking that it was in your heading:)

We have 2 of these reserved for 14 days time

Would mocktails be included and will her card work without being a charge account

With respect to the package as I have read so many stories of charges going on

And people having to dispute charges and only go to certain bars restaurants etc to be successful

Thanks in advance

Happy Days

Look forward to full review

I do have a question regarding the Royal Replenishment package

My daughter likes to indulge in non- alcoholic cocktails (mango papaya crush)

Seen lots of threads on this, but would like an experienced and up to date answer.

Liking that it was in your heading:)

We have 2 of these reserved for 14 days time

Would mocktails be included and will her card work without being a charge account

With respect to the package as I have read so many stories of charges going on

And people having to dispute charges and only go to certain bars restaurants etc to be successful

Thanks in advance

Happy Days

Hi! We had the Royal Replenish package for both weeks. Any frozen or non-frozen cocktail WITHOUT alcohol (aka Mocktail aka Virgin etc) are included and should be free. We did not have any issues at any bar and we hit most of them. Some notes:

- Make sure you clearly tell the bartender it is NON-ALCOHOLIC. They automatically default, via experience and training, to making the alcohol versions, so be clear and WATCH them make the drinks.

- You will often receive a charge slip to sign. It should say ZERO. It WILL have a spot for a gratuity, but remember your package already has gratuities included in the price. You are, of course, welcome to add more if you would like. We did this for bar servers in shows, as they brought the drinks to us, but never to a bartender when standing at the bar. (One exception - in On Air, we had one bar tender who made a virgin Mango Lava Flow and it was the most amazing looking, artistically made drink we had during the two weeks, swirls of red mixed throughout the drink, with garnishes. She got a couple extra bucks.

- You will often get various glass sizes at every bar, even though ordering the same drink. And some bar tenders make the virgin drinks differently. But we never had a bad one.

- My standby order? The Pineapple Blast - Pineapple Juice, Sprite and Red Bull.

- YES - cans of Red Bull ARE included at NO CHARGE!

- Only two locations (that I could find) have fresh squeezed orange juice - Cafe Promenade and the Vitality Cafe. There may be more, but those are the two we found (and the one at Cafe Promenade was actually broken and removed most of the second cruise - was back on Thursday before departure, though.)

- If you purchase prior to the cruise, your sea pass card will have the Coca Cola logo embossed on the bottom right corner, along with an "RR" sticker (for Royal Replenish), and your drink cups will be shrink wrapped sitting in your cabin. If you buy on board, I would suggest going early to the station on Deck 6 right at the top of the stairs from Deck 5, between Focus photo and the Schooner Bar. There are 4 different cup designs, so go early if you want different types. Yes, you can bring your sealed ones from the room and swap them out - just ask nicely and show your Sea Pass as proof you have the package.

- The right-side Freestyle machine on the Royal Promenade (forward, next to Bolero's) did not work either week. Also, by the end of each week, the left machine was often out of syrups for many selections. According to a nearby bar server, the machines are only serviced by a shore-side tech coming on board during turn over, though I believe they refill syrups and Co2 during the week.

Hope that helps. Any other specific questions, just let me know.

Hi! We had the Royal Replenish package for both weeks. Any frozen or non-frozen cocktail WITHOUT alcohol (aka Mocktail aka Virgin etc) are included and should be free. We did not have any issues at any bar and we hit most of them. Some notes:

- Make sure you clearly tell the bartender it is NON-ALCOHOLIC. They automatically default, via experience and training, to making the alcohol versions, so be clear and WATCH them make the drinks.

- You will often receive a charge slip to sign. It should say ZERO. It WILL have a spot for a gratuity, but remember your package already has gratuities included in the price. You are, of course, welcome to add more if you would like. We did this for bar servers in shows, as they brought the drinks to us, but never to a bartender when standing at the bar. (One exception - in On Air, we had one bar tender who made a virgin Mango Lava Flow and it was the most amazing looking, artistically made drink we had during the two weeks, swirls of red mixed throughout the drink, with garnishes. She got a couple extra bucks.

- You will often get various glass sizes at every bar, even though ordering the same drink. And some bar tenders make the virgin drinks differently. But we never had a bad one.

- My standby order? The Pineapple Blast - Pineapple Juice, Sprite and Red Bull.

- YES - cans of Red Bull ARE included at NO CHARGE!

- Only two locations (that I could find) have fresh squeezed orange juice - Cafe Promenade and the Vitality Cafe. There may be more, but those are the two we found (and the one at Cafe Promenade was actually broken and removed most of the second cruise - was back on Thursday before departure, though.)

- If you purchase prior to the cruise, your sea pass card will have the Coca Cola logo embossed on the bottom right corner, along with an "RR" sticker (for Royal Replenish), and your drink cups will be shrink wrapped sitting in your cabin. If you buy on board, I would suggest going early to the station on Deck 6 right at the top of the stairs from Deck 5, between Focus photo and the Schooner Bar. There are 4 different cup designs, so go early if you want different types. Yes, you can bring your sealed ones from the room and swap them out - just ask nicely and show your Sea Pass as proof you have the package.

- The right-side Freestyle machine on the Royal Promenade (forward, next to Bolero's) did not work either week. Also, by the end of each week, the left machine was often out of syrups for many selections. According to a nearby bar server, the machines are only serviced by a shore-side tech coming on board during turn over, though I believe they refill syrups and Co2 during the week.

Hope that helps. Any other specific questions, just let me know.

Thanks Mark. Perfect reply and answers everything accurately to the answers we needed.. Much appreciated :)

Thanks Mark. Perfect reply and answers everything accurately to the answers we needed.. Much appreciated :)

Sure thing! :)

Anyone else on any topic, just post here and I'll answer as quick as I can.

Did they offer any kind of special luncheon for B2B guests?

Hi Bob,

Yes, we received a complimentary lunch at Giovanni's. We were asked to head there directly when we all were allowed back onto the ship, around 11:45 am. They were expecting us. They mentioned this during the Consecutive Cruiser meeting the day before.

Many more details about how this all worked in my trip report, including examples of 3 or 4 different type of cruisers that caused difficulties and delays not just for themselves, but some for everyone in the group.... Nothing major, but if they had paid attention and had this info, this process would have gone off even more smoothly.

Edited by marklodi

Hi Bob,

Yes, we received a complimentary lunch at Giovanni's. We were asked to head there directly when we all were allowed back onto the ship, around 11:45 am. They were expecting us. They mentioned this during the Consecutive Cruiser meeting the day before.

Many more details about how this all worked in my trip report, including examples of 3 or 4 different type of cruisers that caused difficulties and delays not just for themselves, but some for everyone in the group.... Nothing major, but if they had paid attention and had this info, this process would have gone off even more smoothly.

Thanks Mark, Giovanni's is a nice touch.

Hi - We are leaving on Sat, May 31 on Oasis for Eastern Caribbean. Just a couple of questions. Which specialty restaurants did you go to and which were your favorites? Did you do any excursions on Eastern itinerary and which were your favorites?

I look forward to reading your review.

Thanks

Sue

How were the Cabanas? Did you reserve prior to cruise? Were they comfortable or really humid? Where was the cabanas located?

We had a Over The Water Cabana at Nellie's, reserved in July of last year. As a result, we were eligible for the "enhanced" buffet at Barefoot Beach, but honestly other than the much shorter line and wait time, the ONE added item of s shrimp skewer (which was obviously reheated) was not worth it.

We were first at the Cabana's (for either beach) and requested number 8 - absolutely perfect, especially in the morning. The water was crystal clear, and hundreds of tiny fishes swimming in the water right by our entry stairs. Did not get really humid and hot until about 1 to 2pm.

More details about how the entire day went in our report, including an area you will want to avoid at all costs, in our humble opinion of course. :)

Any favorites, must-do's, avoids?

Hmm. Well, I'll save most of the items for the trip report ;) but here are a couple to wet your appetite:

Favorite: The crew. They are simply the best, most friendly and effective I have ever met.

Must-Do: Lots of different things, but one is the hot stone massage. Wow.... But read my report for some tips on how to save some $$$. :)

Avoid: Dolphin excursions at Chankanab in Cozumel. Details will be in the report.

Yea!! Another awesome Oasis report to look forward to...Thanks in advance I know it's alot of work to do..

We are boarding next Sat, May 31 and I have relized that dispite reading many reports I don't remember what the formal nights are :confused: we are sailing the Eastern route and Wow would love to hear how the new specialty dining plans are run now.

Thanks so much and Welcome home, hope you booked another cruise to look forward to..:D

Bev

Yea!! Another awesome Oasis report to look forward to...Thanks in advance I know it's alot of work to do..

We are boarding next Sat, May 31 and I have relized that dispite reading many reports I don't remember what the formal nights are :confused: we are sailing the Eastern route and Wow would love to hear how the new specialty dining plans are run now.

Thanks so much and Welcome home, hope you booked another cruise to look forward to..:D

Bev

Thanks Bev. Yes, we are indeed booked for the Oasis again, one year from now, same exact cabin - can you guess if we like it or not? ;)

Formal Nights for Eastern are Sunday (Nassau) and Thursday (Sea Day). The Western, as reference, are Sunday (Sea Day) and Wednesday (Sea Day).

Enjoy your cruise! (BTW - and you'll read about her in my report - but when you are in the Cupcake Cupboard, give Maria a big hug from Mark & Mona - The "M&M's" - she'll know exactly who you are talking about, as will about a dozen other fantastic crew members we became good friends with...) :D

Did you book next year's trip while on-board? Can you share what kind of a deal you got?

Hi. No, we did not. Our agent (which per Cruise Critic's rules I cannot post here) booked us for next year as part of a group. I've also been asked not to share the specific deal amount, but I can tell you for both of us, back in our Boardwalk Balcony on deck 9, our total is under $2100.

Did you book next year's trip while on-board? Can you share what kind of a deal you got?

Marthkat75

Royal does not give discounts for booking a cruise while onboard. All you get are reduced deposit and on board credit for the future cruise.

Edited by clarea

Which cabin? We have 9329, 9319 and 9321 on our upcoming cruise. Thanks in advance for doing the review! But pleeeeeaaaaasssseee finish before june 28th :)

We also had 9319. You will love it....but if you a bottle of suntan lotion on the balcony, consider it a gift from yours truly (at least I think that's where we left it....) :D

And it's also the same cabin we have next year, so please leave the key under the mat. ;)

I'll do my best on the review - my goal is to post it in the next week or so.

Royal does not give discounts for booking a cruise while onboard. All you get are reduced deposit and on board credit for the future cruise.

That's interesting... just got off Oasis and was chatting with some people. Once guy said he booked his first BTB for next week and he got a BOGO and $150 each OBC....

The other couple booked Quantum and were told there is no discount on the new ship, only OBC,

We also heard people talking about receiving BOGO discounts when booking on the ship during the week.

Any other questions our there about the Oasis, Eastern or Western? Anything at all, just post here and I'll do my best with a quick reply. :D

We also heard people talking about receiving BOGO discounts when booking on the ship during the week.

Any other questions our there about the Oasis, Eastern or Western? Anything at all, just post here and I'll do my best with a quick reply. :D

Hi - We are leaving on Sat, May 31 on Oasis for Eastern Caribbean. Just a couple of questions.

Which specialty restaurants did you go to and which were your favorites?

Did you do any excursions in Nassau, St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Which were your favorites and any you would avoid?

I look forward to reading your review. :)

Thanks

Sue

Hi - We are leaving on Sat, May 31 on Oasis for Eastern Caribbean. Just a couple of questions.

Which specialty restaurants did you go to and which were your favorites?

Did you do any excursions in Nassau, St. Thomas or St. Maarten. Which were your favorites and any you would avoid?

I look forward to reading your review. :)

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue,

We ate at the Chef's Table, Chops (twice), 150 Central Park, Giovanni's (lunch) and Solarium Bistro (twice). We did not eat at Izumi's or Vintages, but just because we ran out of time.

We ate in the MDR most of the first week, eating only at The Chef's Table and Chops. However, during the second week, we only ate in the MDR on the second formal night. This gave us the flexibility to change up our timing for shows and events we missed the previous week.

I can honestly say we enjoyed them all. The Chef's Table is a great experience, even though we do not drink wine. Chops has always been a favorite of ours, but if we had to pick our number one favorite, it would be the Solarium Bistro. The healthy fare is amazingly delicious, and I am HOOKED on the Bison steak they serve. Amazing!

On the Eastern, we did a self-guided walking tour in Nassau, the 5 Star Island Tour in St. Thomas and the Sea & See Tour in St. Maarten. Out of all of them, we enjoyed the Sea & See Tour the most. I will have much more detailed info in our trip report.

As an update, I've spent the past 6 hours scanning compasses and other docs we brought home, and have about another 4 hours to go. I will have a TON of material for everyone once I have all of the scans done, photos sorted and dive into the trip report itself.

Any other questions, please let me know. Love to help! :)

Edited by marklodi