Rental car - Port of Miami

I use dollar since they usually have good rates in that area. I've also seen shuttles for thrifty, alamo, hertz, and enterprise. Be aware that Avis does NOT service Miami pier. Sailed last November arrived at the Avis MIA drop off only to find out they recently cancelled their shuttle service. Manager had to give us a credit on our rental for the cost of a cab.

We got a great rate for the two days prior to our cruise thru Costco.com. I confirmed with Hertz that they do have a shuttle to port.

The cost of our rental is cheaper than taxi fare all over for the two days!

H

We're renting an SUV from Hertz for $89 plus fees for one day. Pickup at Fort Lauderdale airport and drop-off at downtown Miami at the base of the bridge to the pier. They have a shuttle bus that will take us over.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Dollar. We would use them again. We had a 6pm flight so we got off the ship, picked up the car and headed to the Miami Zoo for the afternoon. It was fun!

Bobbie

Where do you have to go at the MIA pier to pick-up rental cars?

Does anyone know which rentals do not have drop-off fees at Port of Miami from other Florida rental locations?

Where do you have to go at the MIA pier to pick-up rental cars?

Does anyone know which rentals do not have drop-off fees at Port of Miami from other Florida rental locations?

There will be shuttle vans at the port waiting to pick you up. Also the Hertz Downtown Miami location will give you a ride to the port for no charge.

Hertz normally does not have drop off fees in their rates. Usually a higher rate is quoted when needing a one-way rental.

-gwen

There will be shuttle vans at the port waiting to pick you up. Also the Hertz Downtown Miami location will give you a ride to the port for no charge.

Hertz normally does not have drop off fees in their rates. Usually a higher rate is quoted when needing a one-way rental.

-gwen

Helpful! Thank you.

This thread has made me think.

We are travelling in November 2006 to Miami and staying overnight in a hotel before going to VOS next day. There will be 10 people in our party. What would you suggest is the best way for us to get from the hotel (which we assume will be near the airport) to the ship? We were thinking taxis but any other suggestions would be more than welcome. We are from the UK and are not familiar with the US way of doing thinks so please bear with us.

Mings, first thing I would do is find out where you will be staying, then call the hotel to see if they have a shuttle. If they are near the airport, they most assuredly will have one. Then see if you can make arrangements for their shuttle to take you to the pier. With 10 in your party you may need the shuttle to make 2 runs. But the hotel should be able to help you determine the cheapest way to the pier.

Hello to you all, I just thought that I would add who I thought that people should rent from and I would have to say Hertz. Really and truley I have to say them because that is where I work! :D At the location that I am at we do not charge a drop fee it is in the rate with a one way rental. Now if you rent a car and say you are going to turn it back to the location that you got it from and don't then that is when the drop fee comes in. Well now that I added waht I had to say I hope that you choose to go with Hertz but also I say go with the one you like the best!

Madona :D

Archived