Navigator vs Liberty

greggk

I am looking at booking a cruise out of Galveston later this year. I'm trying to decide on which ship to go on, Navigator or Liberty. Does anyone have a preference on either ship? What are the major differences with each ship.

I will be sailing with my husband, daughter (14) and son (9). This will be our second time cruising with Royal.

Thanks!

I am looking at booking a cruise out of Galveston later this year. I'm trying to decide on which ship to go on, Navigator or Liberty. Does anyone have a preference on either ship? What are the major differences with each ship.

I will be sailing with my husband, daughter (14) and son (9). This will be our second time cruising with Royal.

Thanks!

Very similar ships, but Liberty is a bit larger and has the H2O zone and Dreamworks characters for small kids. Since the revitalization, Navigator has more specialty restaurants now, adding Izumi and Sabor.

Thanks!

Navigator had a major refurb in early 2014. The refurb added a flowrider, new restaurants/bars, movie screen by the pool, etc. and now the Navigator/Liberty are pretty comparable in terms of amenities.

I have not been on either so I can't offer you that much advice, but I hope this helped a little.

In my opinion, Liberty is just a bigger version of Navigator. It has pretty much all the same things in the same places but Liberty has more people and feels super crowded compared to Navigator.

I would pick Navigator over Liberty any day of the week. I do not like waiting 10 minutes for an elevator and walking through a crowded on the Promade. RCI got it right with Navigator then got creedy, copied the ship and added more staterooms to birth out Freedom Class.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

April of last year was my Navigator cruise (after the addition of the flow rider) and I just got back from an Independence cruise. While the Freedom class is bigger by gross tonage, the ships are almost identical. Clarea is correct, the Freedom class has the H2O zone but that was about the only noticeable difference that I saw.