Divina Waterslide age/height requirements?

Tapi

Hello!

Does anybody have first hand knowledge about the age/height requirements for the waterslide aboard the Divina? I've done some research and have found conflicting information. If anyone can categorically confirm (or deny) the information, it will be greatly appreciated. [emoji3]

From what I've read, the minimum age is 9, but other posts say that younger kids are allowed as long as they are 120cm/48 inches tall to ride. Some posts say that they will measure you and enforce the height requirements, others say that as long as you sign the waiver of liability, they'll allow smaller kids.

I have a 48 inch tall 6 year old. I'm beyond confident that he can handle the waterslide on the Divina. He's been going to major water parks and going down considerably taller and faster water slides since he was 4, he's an excellent swimmer, and also started surfing since last summer tackling some pretty big waves for his age.

Being unable to use the waterslide on the Divina will be a bit of a head scratcher and we'll respect whatever the rules are, but I would like to let him know in advance so that there are no surprises when we get onboard.

Thanks for any information! [emoji3]

Edited by Tapi

We were on the Divina in Nov 2015 with an 8 year old with no issues. They have a height measure where you get your wrist bands. I cant remember what the height requirements were, but 48" sound about right. They only went down it once since you had to push yourself through. Not a very well engineered slide.

We were on the Divina in Nov 2015 with an 8 year old with no issues. They have a height measure where you get your wrist bands. I cant remember what the height requirements were, but 48" sound about right. They only went down it once since you had to push yourself through. Not a very well engineered slide.

Thanks for the information! :)

I messaged MSC through their Facebook page and they just replied stating that the official requirement is either 8 years of age OR a height of 47 inches.

Just thought you should know that slide on the Divina does not empty out into a pool it ends up on deck so swimming not a concern

Thank you cruisin deb! [emoji3] That's one of the reasons why I started questioning the requirement. On other ships that we've sailed on that have slides that don't empty into a pool, similar to the Divina, the requirement is 42 inches, not 47 inches like I was informed. I am confident that my son can handle it, but I'll respect the rules when we sail. Hopefully he'll grow a few more inches between now and the summer.

• 2 years later...
Thank you cruisin deb! [emoji3] That's one of the reasons why I started questioning the requirement. On other ships that we've sailed on that have slides that don't empty into a pool, similar to the Divina, the requirement is 42 inches, not 47 inches like I was informed. I am confident that my son can handle it, but I'll respect the rules when we sail. Hopefully he'll grow a few more inches between now and the summer.

Can you tell me how it went on the Divina? Did your son go on the water slide? My daughter is also never scared, and she loves water slides...but she is almost 6 (and almost 47 inches)

Here’s the screenshot from MSC USA’s reply stating that it’s 8 years old or 47 inches tall. Rules may have changed since then, but that’s what I showed the staff onboard the ship.

IMG_5052.jpg.52ba9d475f39987a39327695848e79e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell me how it went on the Divina? Did your son go on the water slide? My daughter is also never scared, and she loves water slides...but she is almost 6 (and almost 47 inches)

I don’t see the post that i wrote before the screen shot, but I’ll try to rewrite what I originally posted:

Basically it was a mess. On the first day we proceeded to the waterslide where they did have the measuring sign. The waterslide attendant measured my son and he did meet the height requirement. But then the attendant said that he couldn’t ride because he didn’t meet the AGE requirement.

I told him that I had contacted MSC USA via their FB page and that I had received written confirmation that he only had to meet one requirement OR the other. The attendant told me to talk to the head of the children’s program and if she approved, then he would be allowed to ride.

The next day I checked with this person (a very nice lady from the Dominican Republic). She read the message that I had received and said that it wouldn’t be a problem. She then told me to go back to the waterslide at a predetermined time when she would be present and she would make sure that I was allowed to sign the waiver so that he could ride.

We went back at that predetermined time, but she wasn’t there. A different attendant was present and I decided to try again anyway. He measured my son but didn’t ask about his age. He just handed over the waiver and gave my son a wristband. I still don’t know if he did this because he’d already been briefed about my conversation, or simply because he didn’t follow proper protocol. But long story short, my son was allowed to ride.

With all of that said, the water slide was fun, (I rode it a couple of times myself) but nothing special. It was like something you’d find at a resort pool. My son lost interest after a few times down the slide and then moved on to other activities throughout the ship.

If there’s one thing that I learned from this experience is that there’s no consistency with the rules, and things vary drastically depending on who is enforcing them. Every time we walked by, the scene was different. Sometimes the attendant would be enforcing strict rules and keeping everything orderly, while other times, it would be a free for all, with kids running up and down the stairs and gown down the waterslide in a chain while the attendant looked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums