Barcelona - How many nights post cruise??? Hotel Casa Camper???

We will be in Barcelona post cruise in early November 2006. Have been to Spain but not Barcelona. Would three nights seem to be too much?

We have always done well following the reviews on Trip Advisor. They list Hotel Casa Camper as a favorite right now. Price is 190E which includes breakfast, all day mini/snack bar and internet usage. Any experience with this hotel or other suggestions.

Thanks,

Marty & Karen

We're staying three nights after our cruise (10/12-10/15) and hope it's enough time. There seems to be a lot to see (search google.com for Barcelona).

We're staying at the H10 Universitat Hotel, about a block from Catalunya Square, the top end of Las Ramblas. I've read some good reports about Casa Camper.

Enjoy!!!!!

You should be able to find plenty to do and see in and around Barcelona to keep you busy during your 3 day stay. We were there for a couple days at the start of our Med cruise in 2003 and just barely touched the surface.

Have a great next cruise.

We had stayed in BCN 3 times in the past - but only 1 night pre-cruise each time. However, this past May we booked 2 night pre-Med. on Millie and still wasn't enough time in this facinating city.

We're booked on Nov. 2006 TA on Millie and have already booked Hotel Continental Palacate for 4 nights pre-cruise - want to see it ALL this time. Barcelona is just a magnificant city for walking - and walking - and taking the turistic bus. Favorite cruise ports in order: Barcelona, Venice (ahhhh, Venice!) and Santorini. (But it's really alllll good!)

You'll enjoy BCN - but allow more than just one day pre- or post-cruise if at all possible.

You are lucky to spend 3 days - we spent 1 ea coming and going on cruise in August and it wasn't enough. We stayed at the Hotel Majestic which was lovely. Got the rooms on priceline.com for only $140/night, yes that is in US dollars, and couldn't have been more pleased....Have a wonderful trip.

We just got back from the Century Med Cruise. We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at the Royal Hotel and 1 post-cruise at H10 Universitat. The Royal was by far nicer if you get a room overlooking Las Ramblas.

Maybe it's just me but I would have preferred to spend 3 nights pre-cruise and go home when the cruise was over. It was a bit anti-climatic after but before we were all pumped up and seemed to enjoy it more. But to each his own!

We just got back from 3 nights pre-cruise in Barcelona and I wish it had been 5 nights. There is so much to see & do in Barcelona. Here's a list of places that I wouldn't miss:

Sagrada Familia

Park Guell

Casa Batllo

Casa Mila

Passig de Gracia

Las Ramblas

Eixample

• 3 weeks later...

Archived