Do cruise ships have a brig?

I know this is a silly question but I was just discussing our cruise with DH (former Navy). I asked him if they had a brig on cruise ships and he said they probably do, but I wanted to go to the EXPERTS!

Where do you think they put all those who are caught smuggling booze on board, and those caught hogging all the deck chairs? :D

Apparently the brig is located in the crew-only area that is off limits to passengers. They would use it if a passenger or crew member committed a serious crime while at sea, until they reached the next port where shore authorities would take over.

FYI, the ship has a morgue too, if the brig doesn't get the job done ;)

We had a client placed in the brig once on a four-night sailing for drunk and disorderly and being abusive to staff. Once she sobered up she was told she could be released if she promised to behave but she wouldn't agree to that so they kept her in for 2 days until the ship reached home. Her husband was told they would let her out if he would be responsible for her but he told them to keep her locked up -- he said he was having more fun without her. We received word from the cruise line that they would not be accepted as guests in the future so don't bother booking them again.

We had a client placed in the brig once on a four-night sailing for drunk and disorderly and being abusive to staff. Once she sobered up she was told she could be released if she promised to behave but she wouldn't agree to that so they kept her in for 2 days until the ship reached home. Her husband was told they would let her out if he would be responsible for her but he told them to keep her locked up -- he said he was having more fun without her. We received word from the cruise line that they would not be accepted as guests in the future so don't bother booking them again.

I don't think they would've been my client's again either.

And am going to get ship board credit for the inconvenience?

I think she should get a free cruise out of it.......

.......and give it to me. It said the cruise line would not accept her as a guest again, so I'd be happy to take her place. ;)

Would'nt promise to be good? What a head case. :eek: :D

I think she should get a free cruise out of it.......

.......and give it to me. It said the cruise line would not accept her as a guest again, so I'd be happy to take her place. ;)

Would'nt promise to be good? What a head case. :eek: :D

In the Brig or Morgue?? You know you might have a choice!

I don't think they would've been my client's again either.

They weren't my clients but another agent's but they lived sort of on my way home so I volunteered to drop their cruise docs off for them. While I was waiting for them to answer the door their dog attacked me. Got me on the thigh and twice on the arm. Took 18 stitches. That's when we kind of decided that if they wanted to book again we'd quote them about triple the going rate. They were part of what we thought was a regular "friends and family" group that later turned out to be our local semi-outlaw motorcycle club/gang. The whole brig thing didn't surprise us at all.

In the Brig or Morgue?? You know you might have a choice!

No. I choose F Deck lounge chair. Just need a pillow, blanket, and a bag with clean board shorts, T shirts, shampoo, soap, and such to take to the spa showers each morning. Only issue left is what to do about getting a sign n sail card to run up a bar tab on...

It's the Caribbean. A cabin isn't a must. ;) :p :D

No. I choose F Deck lounge chair. Just need a pillow, blanket, and a bag with clean board shorts, T shirts, shampoo, soap, and such to take to the spa showers each morning. Only issue left is what to do about getting a sign n sail card to run up a bar tab on...

It's the Caribbean. A cabin isn't a must. ;) :p :D

You wanna know what's scary about your statement? DH said the same thing! Have you been talking to him?

Archived