Splendour in Drydock

Hi all,

I know Splendour of the Seas has just been in drydock and I know they have done a lot of work on the Windjammer. Is it too much to hope that they were working on windjammer in order to make room for a Portofinis? (and possible a concierge lounge :D)

This is funny, cuz I was talking to RCI on the phone the other day and asked about whether or not the Splendour would be in drydock for the new bedding, before we cruised on December 9th. I was told that the ship was not to in in drydock until 2011:confused: :confused: I thought this seemed a little too far off.

Does anyone know if the Splendour got the bedding upgrade?

Thanks

-Mike

the splendour went into dry dock on may6th 2006 for the bedding, new couches and lots of other things. the windjammer was redone but no special eating place added from what we were told on our trip with her before the docking. She is looking new as could be as we crossed and things being done in the theaters and all.

We got off the Splendour in Lisbon on May 6th and, yes, she was headed for drydock. They were already doing some work during our transatlantic crossing like scraping the deck railings and tearing out and replacing overhead wiring all down our hallway. Nothing too obtrusive or annoying in my opinion but I did hear a few grumbles.

And yes our steward said our cabin was going to be completely overhauled. The morning we left he had made up our beds very neatly with just sheets and blankets. My husband said he heard someone say that many additional workers were being brought in so I guess they needed more places for them to sleep. I mentioned to our steward that I really did not want to leave (it was a great trip) but he warned that the fun was over and I'd be put to work! In that case..........

Rats! We don't make Diamond until after our January, 2007 Splendour Cruise, so no lounge for us. Guess I need to talk DH into another cruise between our Vision cruise and our January one! That's the only solution I see.

Thanks for the information. We have just been on Adventure for 2 weeks and have really enjoyed the lounge for pre dinner drinks and also used it quite a lot for quick breakfasts before earlier excursions.

Having the lounge available for our October Splendour cruise will definitely make a difference.

Archived