Carnival Spirit Excursion prices - please

Beach4me

Will someone who has been on the Spirit this year or who has an upcoming cruise this year, please look up the prices for the following excursions:

Skagway -

All Aboard: The Steam Train Adventure

Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

White Pass & Yukon Railway (and am I reading right? This one is the train both ways too...correct?)

Sitka -

Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest

Ketchikan -

Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer

And for anyone who has boarded the Spirit in after overnighting in Anchorage, did Carnival offer any trips prior to boarding - specifically, Portage Glacier? If so, what is the cost on that this year?

Thanks for looking up this info for me. I'm still too far out to book the ship's excursions so I can't see the price either. I'm just trying to figure my budget as I'm planning on booking another cruise in the next few weeks...want to be sure that I do so with my 2007 cruise expenses in mind. :)

Hi Beach4me,

We're sailing on the Spirit later this month - I can't wait! Here is the information:

Skagway -

All Aboard: The Steam Train Adventure - can't tell the pricing; it must be sold out. Too bad, because we wanted to do this!

Glacier Point Wilderness Safari - $224 ea. (adults or children)

White Pass & Yukon Railway (and am I reading right? This one is the train both ways too...correct?) It appears from the description to be both ways, but I'm not sure. $103 ea. adults/$70 ea. children

Sitka -

Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest - $117 ea. adults/$98 ea. children

Ketchikan -

Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer - $159 ea. adults/$120 ea. children

We're leaving from Vancouver, so I can't help on your other question.

Have a great time, and good luck in your budgeting!

Hi Beach4Me. I show the All Aboard as $189. Another you might want to consider is the Ultimate Yukon and White Pass @ $169. That is 8 hours and includes a BBQ lunch. It is the motorcoach up and train back down.

When are you doing the southbound next year?? We are taking the southbound May 23, 2007, but doing the northbound August 9 this year. Can't wait!!!!

I greatly appreciate your responses, Crazy for Cruising and Mrs007! Thanks so VERY much!!

I'm on the July 18, 2007, sailing, Mrs007. And, I am officially obsessed with this trip! ;) I had considered the Ultimate Yukon trip but don't think I want to spend 8 hours. I did a similar trip on Princess 26 years ago (where does time go?!). It was great. I loved the train portion and that's why I'm leaning towards the train trip only this time.

There's just so much that I want to do! Heck, I've already booked Captain Larry for whale-watching in Juneau. And, I'd book the ship excursions today if they'd let me!

Thanks again for your help! Enjoy your trips!! And Crazy for Cruising PLEASE post a full review when you get back...including details of the weather and what you ended up wearing. My tip will be in he same timeframe as yours. Enjoy!

Hi,

We're doing Princess this year and overnighting in Anchorage. There are daycruises in Prince William Sound that you could book for day of departure (we depart from Whittier - not sure if you depart there or Seward, BUT, there is roundtrip rail or bus).

We are booking "26 Glaciers" (26glaciers.com) but there are others. Off-season (sept) we're paying $120 each including tax, not including transport from Anch.

There are cheaper tours and this year one was in Toursaver as a buy 1/get 1.

Good luck with patience. I'm trying to make it to Sept without annoying everyone with my plans!

• 2 years later...
Hi Beach4me,

We're sailing on the Spirit later this month - I can't wait! Here is the information:

Skagway -

All Aboard: The Steam Train Adventure - can't tell the pricing; it must be sold out. Too bad, because we wanted to do this!

Glacier Point Wilderness Safari - $224 ea. (adults or children)

White Pass & Yukon Railway (and am I reading right? This one is the train both ways too...correct?) It appears from the description to be both ways, but I'm not sure. $103 ea. adults/$70 ea. children

a Otter & Wildlife Quest - $117 ea. adults/$98 ea. children

Ketchikan -

Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer - $159 ea. adults/$120 ea. children

We're leaving from Vancouver, so I can't help on your other question.

Have a great time, and good luck in your budgeting!

Has anyone done the following excursions? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Can you remember approximate prices

Juneau- -A Taste of Juneau or gold panning with Salmon bake

ketchican- Saxman Native Village & Lumberjack Show Combo

Skagway- - Golden Glassblowing Experience or Dog Sled Discovery & Mushing Camp

Sitka- -Sitka's Cultural & Colonial Russian Tour orRussian America, Raptor Center & Russian Dancers

Has anyone done the following excursions? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Can you remember approximate prices

Juneau- -A Taste of Juneau or gold panning with Salmon bake

ketchican- Saxman Native Village & Lumberjack Show Combo

Skagway- - Golden Glassblowing Experience or Dog Sled Discovery & Mushing Camp

Sitka- -Sitka's Cultural & Colonial Russian Tour orRussian America, Raptor Center & Russian Dancers

I have never done any of these excursions. However, I can give you the prices from this year for most of the excursions.

A Taste of Juneau: $105

Gold Panning with salmon bake: $79

Saxman Native Village and Lumberjack Combo: $89

Dog Sled Discovery and Mushing Camp: $120

Russian America, Raptor Center, and Russian Dancers: $56

I have never done any of these excursions. However, I can give you the prices from this year for most of the excursions.

A Taste of Juneau: $105

Gold Panning with salmon bake: $79

Saxman Native Village and Lumberjack Combo: $89

Dog Sled Discovery and Mushing Camp: $120

Russian America, Raptor Center, and Russian Dancers: $56

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Archived