Live from The Coast Hotel Long Beach !!!

Wennfred

Well after a long ride up the coast to Long Beach, we finally made it. Checked in at 3pm and dropped off our luggage. We got a sweet view of the Queen Mary and the bay. The tide is very low today, We got to see a Sail boat hit a sandbar and its still stuck out there in the middle of the channel.

We took a water taxi right behind the Coast Hotel and went across to Shoreline Village. Shoreline Village is like a Seaport with lots of resturants and the convention center is across the street. A very nice boat ride over, very beautiful sunny day out today. The water taxi only cost 1.00 each, each way.

Once at Shoreline Village we took a stroll and found The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Has some good grubs there before heading back to the hotel. Wendy had the Shrimp Scampi in pasta, Shayla had the Burbon Mahi Mahi and I had the Ulitimate Combo, which was Shrimp on a Skewer and Flank steak. Over all the meal was great. It was taking forever for the Water taxi to arrive so we took a cab back and it only cost 7.00 + tips.

Shayla went down to the pool and Im kicking back here on my balcony waiting to see Fireworks over the Queen Mary. Setting up the Camera for some Firework shots. Hope they come out.

Fred

I would really love to hear about the pool. Is the water warm... do you think is would be fun to spend a few hours out there in the evening swimming...?

The water taxi only arrives ever 50 minutes from what I understand.

How was shoreline...? was there a lot to look at over there... and did you ganfer a look at any of the other restaraunts like Lighthouse, Tequilia Jacks, or the Yard House...?

After spending almost the whole afternoon reading threads on trip reviews, I came across your thread on the Valor.

The pictures you posted were wonderful!

When the pictures of your cabin opened, I knew I had figured out how I was going to cruise more than once a year! :)

I just showed DH the pictures & then went right to the Carnival website and we're at this moment trying to decide on an itinerary.

I can't wait to read your review on this trip.

Have a wonderful time (save some fun for all of us you left behind!;) )

After spending almost the whole afternoon reading threads on trip reviews, I came across your thread on the Valor.

The pictures you posted were wonderful!

When the pictures of your cabin opened, I knew I had figured out how I was going to cruise more than once a year! :)

I just showed DH the pictures & then went right to the Carnival website and we're at this moment trying to decide on an itinerary.

I can't wait to read your review on this trip.

Have a wonderful time (save some fun for all of us you left behind!;) )

Thanks Feistyred, there are many cool ways to save and enjoy 2 or more cruises a year, for me booking Cat.1a guarantee is the way to go. That frees up alot of extra cash for excursions and Wendys Photos and Updos hehe. I also got alot of ideas from reading here on Cruise Critic. I'm in the Process of posting a nice Queen Mary picture, gives you an idea of our view of the Queen and where the Pride will be parking tomorrow morning.

Fred

I'm going to set an alarm clock too! Do you think 5:30 is early enough? Are you going to post a picture of her coming in? I'm going to watch the webcam too of course....

Yes I will post pictures of her docking... I say between 5:45am and 6am.

Fred

Oh good! I was beginning to think I was delusional! You know....seeing the Pride in places where she wasn't. Was starting to worry. I still have 7 days to go! It's going to be a LOOOOONG week! But at least I'll have your Live From The Pride to keep me going! :D

I saw his pic. Wouldn't work in my house. Got 3 teenage kids still in the house. They would be "adding and removing" things just to bug me. I have a "list". Keep writing things on it as I think of them.

Stupid webcam hasn't reloaded since 6:07! Wonder what the deal is?!? :cool:

Webcam finally reloaded! She's just beautiful Fred! I have a question though...it's quite a ways from the dome, isn't it? I've seem people talking about carrying all their luggage on...I don't think I would want to lug all my luggage from the dome to the ship!

Do you happen to know what happened to the Spruce Goose? Last time I was in the dome it was to see it. When I cruised 5 years ago Carnival was in San Pedro.

I will ask the Queen Mary people as too the where abouts of the Spruce Goose. I don't remember seeing it last year. The Dome sits right next to the Gueen, very close. not far at all. Just a short walk. Its totally Crazy to carry on all of your luggage. Once the Coast Shuttle drops us off at the Terminal right next to the Parking lot, the Luggage goes right to the porters and I will see them later.

Archived