Valor - Room 9292 Lido Deck - Handicapped Room??

thymcruisers

We have booked the Valor for March 2007 - and booked cabin 9292 on the Lido deck. I understand that it is a handicapped room and there's a chance we may get moved if it is needed (which I totally understand). I am wondering if we will get moved to a better room - perhaps an outside room - also, have any of you been in a handicapped room on the Lido deck?? Are they bigger - than other inside rooms? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I have been in a handicapped room on the Lido deck on the Triumph, which is from the class of ships that preceded the Valor's class, so your room may be different from mine, but mine was in a similar location to yours and from the deck plans looks like a regular size room, as does yours.

This room on the Triumph had a larger bathroom, but the rest of the cabin was smaller to make up for the space lost to the bathroom. There was only half as much closet space as in a reglar interior cabin, and there was no chair or table.

While the location is a fun one, I would advise against this cabin unless you are never in the room. If you keep the room, pack lightly and don't plan on too much hanging space in the closets. Also, if your room is like ours, you may have just two shelves instead of four in the closet.

• 1 month later...

Please do not accept this room. In fact I am surprised Carnival gave it to you since you are not disabled.

On Carnival the Handicapped rooms are NOT bigger than regular rooms. They just remove the extra furniture so people in wheelchairs have more room to manover. There is no couch and extra tables are removed so they may appear more roomy.

If you accept this room you will be taking it away from a person in a wheelchair who may need it. Please remember the doorways on these rooms are wider so a wheelchair can get thru. Wheelchairs cant get thru standard doorways, however, you can.

Also you will not be moved if someone else needs the cabin. There is no way to 'flag' your booking. Once the cabin is out of the inventory it is gone. I tried to book a handicapped cabin for Christmas, however, they were all taken and I am not able to cruise.

Please do the right thing.

Hey, we had 9292 as one of our rooms on the valor two weeks ago. To sum it up in one word MOVE!!! The room is the same square footage as other inside rooms on the valor. The difference is the bathroom is twice the size as non HC rooms so this leaves enough room two beds, a small closet, and a desk. Also, for some reason this room vibrated constantly, I mean really nonstop. I cannot figure out why, my room (balcony) was across the hall, down three rooms....anyway we did not have this shaking. I have been on several different ships and have never felt "queezy" but if I spent more than 15 minutes in this room, I felt like throwing up. Poor mom this was her first..probably last cruise.

Archived