Cabin Safe and the Blow Dryer (Pictures)

Wennfred

Hi Fred...I was a little curious about how this safe deposit box works with the magnetic card? You must input a code once you open the safe with your Sail and Sign card:confused: Otherwise just anybody could come along with a magnetic striped card and access your safe? I did not see any keypad so I was just wondering?

I dont think you use your sail n sign card....I've also heard people say dont use your banking card but maybe something like a Grocery store card...thats what i'm going to use.

Once the safe is set up to use YOUR card, no one can open it. Just make sure it works...we've had problems with ours before!

I like to store my jewelry & money in there when i'm out and about... Of course hubby wont be with me on this one to do it for me....:cool:

Hope us chicks can figure it out! :D

HAVE FUN!

I just called 1-888-CARNIVAL and asked them about the safe. They still thought the Spirit had a keypad:eek: YIKES!!! I asked her to check and she then said that it is a magnetic card swipe ( yes, tell me something I didn't already know!) ha,ha. I asked if I could use any magnetic card and she said NO!! you HAVE to use your S&S card:confused: TOO FUNNY!!

I have to say I tend to believe what I read on these boards...posted by experienced cruisers. I am going to bring an empty gift card and use that!!

...I asked if I could use any magnetic card and she said NO!! you HAVE to use your S&S card:confused: TOO FUNNY!!

I have to say I tend to believe what I read on these boards...posted by experienced cruisers. I am going to bring an empty gift card and use that!!

Wow! That's precisely the opposite of what I think we've all been advised to do! :eek: Call them back and you'll get a different answer. :rolleyes:

Wow! That's precisely the opposite of what I think we've all been advised to do! :eek: Call them back and you'll get a different answer. :rolleyes:

Sorry:confused: .....but I am not quite sure exactly what you mean? What is it that we have all been advised to do? ( do you mean use the S&S card ? ) or do you mean take the advice of the experienced cruisers on this board? I'm sooooo confused?:o

I will call them back once I am "clear" on what it is I am asking them?

Thanks for your advice.

Smiles, C.:D

Sorry:confused: .....but I am not quite sure exactly what you mean? What is it that we have all been advised to do? ( do you mean use the S&S card ? ) or do you mean take the advice of the experienced cruisers on this board? I'm sooooo confused?:o

Thanks for your advice.

The PVP you called said to use the Sail & Sign Card, many people on this board said not to use the Sail & Sign card because it can be demagnetized. Thats why I don't use mine. I use anything else but the Sail and Sign card.

Fred

Thanks for your advice.

Wennfred is correct. I've always heard "DON'T use your S&S card!" :)

Wennfred is correct. I've always heard "DON'T use your S&S card!" :)

Yeah, my girlfriend reads me the instructions for the safe, and 30 seconds later, I swipe my S&S card into it. Idiot. I paged the purser's desk to to confess my folly, and 5 minutes later someone was right up to re-program it. Tipped him, of course. :)

I just called 1-888-CARNIVAL and asked them about the safe. They still thought the Spirit had a keypad:eek: YIKES!!! I asked her to check and she then said that it is a magnetic card swipe ( yes, tell me something I didn't already know!) ha,ha. I asked if I could use any magnetic card and she said NO!! you HAVE to use your S&S card:confused: TOO FUNNY!!

On our safe, there was a big sign right on it...

do NOT use your Sign and Sail card to lock the safe.

I kept a old credit card that was replaced with a new expiration date to use on board. That way, if it got demagnitised, I didn't have to worry that a card I wanted to use to spend money was dead a 1000 miles from home.

vincenzo:)

• 6 months later...
On our safe, there was a big sign right on it...

do NOT use your Sign and Sail card to lock the safe.

I kept a old credit card that was replaced with a new expiration date to use on board. That way, if it got demagnitised, I didn't have to worry that a card I wanted to use to spend money was dead a 1000 miles from home.

vincenzo:)

I used my drivers liscens. Since I always needed it when getting off the ship and did not really carry cash off the ship. Put everything in my laniart and just carried that. i also locked up my wallet, and jewlery in the safe. I do not use regular credit cards on the islands either. international charge is too much. something like 3% and that canadd up. We used cash in ports. Husband carried the cash in his wallet, or in my pants pocket in a small change purse. If i wanted to take my camera, i used my fanny pack.

Archived