Carnival Spirit Alaska!!

shookdm

What in particular do you want to know? I just got off the Spirit on the Northbound itinerary on Wednesday. There are plenty of dancing opportunities across all types of dance throughout the cruise. I've got the capers for the whole week and will try to scan them as soon as I get the chance.

We, also, were just on the Northbound trip and just got back. The Dancin' club by the Empire Dining room was really fun. There were many dance classes and other opportunities for dancing. We really didn't do much since we were so into the scenery!

As far as excursions, we booked 1 on the ship and the rest we booked off ship at a conciderable savings. The only port which there weren't stands on the pier for excursions was Sitka and there we rented bikes and rode to an estuary and saw many bald eagles along the way. The scenery was beautiful. Come to find out that there was a bike excursion that went to the same place we went! We also went kayaking in Ketchikan (Southeast Kayaks!), on a glacier trek in Juneau (Coastal Helicopter tours!), and the railroad/bus tour in Skagway. WE ENJOYED THEM ALL!

You are going to have a ball no matter what you do!

We, also, were just on the Northbound trip and just got back. The Dancin' club by the Empire Dining room was really fun. There were many dance classes and other opportunities for dancing. We really didn't do much since we were so into the scenery!

As far as excursions, we booked 1 on the ship and the rest we booked off ship at a conciderable savings. The only port which there weren't stands on the pier for excursions was Sitka and there we rented bikes and rode to an estuary and saw many bald eagles along the way. The scenery was beautiful. Come to find out that there was a bike excursion that went to the same place we went! We also went kayaking in Ketchikan (Southeast Kayaks!), on a glacier trek in Juneau (Coastal Helicopter tours!), and the railroad/bus tour in Skagway. WE ENJOYED THEM ALL!

You are going to have a ball no matter what you do!

blueyz28

I'm also planning to use Southeast Kayaks next May. Do you plan to write a review?

blueyz28,

Ballroom dancing is our hobby (S.O. used to teach), so we're really looking forward to getting some quality dancing in. As far as the scenery, expect to get alot of that too, but the sun should be setting around 9pm by the time we're on board. Got have some fun after dark!!!

yep, danced the night away last sept. have a great time.

Hey Dusty!

Make sure to check out our roll call. Noodle is also on our cruise.

Im moving this up since someone else asked about Spirit to Alaska.

Hey Dusty!

Make sure to check out our roll call. Noodle is also on our cruise.

Im moving this up since someone else asked about Spirit to Alaska.

thanks solo. i will check it out. im not getting all my messages from threads yet so i am missing some good replies from my buddies here on the board. we should set us a time to meet on the ship. since i have been on it before i can tell you where a good spot would be. cant wait to go. and i will check out the roll call.

I prefer chacha, rhumba and waltz. Don't get a chance to do much foxtrot, since most people do swing to the same music, and we can't move around teh floor.

We just added S.O.'s 18yr old daughter to our cruise, so hoping to have some good fun. May send her rock climbing while I go shopping!Then again, may send her shopping while I go rock climbing

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that uv2cruise450, shookdm, SLICK45, Bob and Linda have all indicated they will be on the Carnival Spirit Southbound on 9/1/04. There will be 4 in my group also on the 9/1/04 cruise.

Any one else on the 9/1/04 Spirit southbound?

Someone asked about having a cabin on the rear of the ship, DW and I will be in one of the Aft/Port corner cabins on the Empress Deck.

Charlie

Charlie!

Glad to see there are a few of us going on this trip!! I'm the one who asked about the aft cabin. We're on the Main Deck, facing straight aft. Looks like you'll have a great balcony!

Hopefully we'll see you on the dance floor!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived